What's new

The Coffee House

The last few days have been pleasant to sit outside. I had my husband move the hummingbird feeder twice. Trying to find the right spot to take photos. Knee thing still going on so sitting in backyard shooting birds this summer. No nature trail for awhile.
 
9:00 at night and it's still 92°F and we are out of ice cream :( the rest of the week looks like it will be between 105°F and 111°F, going to have to remedy the ice cream situation tomorrow. The heat is sucking all of the will to do anything other than sprawl in front of the TV right out of me.
 
Good morning peeps.
Heading out to Columbus a little later for a Python conference.
 
Temperatures climbing slightly over the next few days, but it looks like the stifling humidity we had last week is staying away. According to my seasons guide it's only 59 days, 20 hrs, and 23 mins till the official start of fall and it's only 36 days, 17 hrs and 23 mins till football in the south officially begins for us.
 
Last edited:
Looks like she's ready to pull the fire alarm, she must be hot! (Where is this anyway?)

OK I watched it again (2001 A Space Odyssey) and still don't get the ending. From what the TCM host said I guess it was supposed to be a mystery as to what it meant, neither Arthur Clarke or Stanley Kubrick would give an explanation. I get that this monolith thingy sent a signal to Jupiter, so Dave ends up taking a '60s psychedelic trip there, becomes an old man and evolves into a new being/lifeform; but I don't get the 18th century room, knocking over the glass, etc.

I like mysteries that I can't figure out til the end of the book, but then you do find out who dunnit.

See:
The End of ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ Explained By Stanley Kubrick
 
This is our last Flex Friday week. I have had 4-day weeks since the beginning of June.

Next week's gonna suck.

One more hour to go before I enjoy my last 3-day weekend in a while. My brain is already on its way out of the building.
 
Enjoy it, Leo.

Made it to OSU, thinking about where to go for dinner - probably the pizza place around the corner.
This place is not in the running . . .
IMG_1114.webp
 
This is our last Flex Friday week. I have had 4-day weeks since the beginning of June.

Next week's gonna suck.

One more hour to go before I enjoy my last 3-day weekend in a while. My brain is already on its way out of the building.

Just think your halfway through your least favorite time of year. Sooner than you think it will be Labor Day weekend and you’ll be lounging around in a hoodie.
 
I wondered who's eak house is it?! (Looked it up, never heard of it.) Wondered what pizza place? but I haven't been up there in a long time. Used to go to Columbus every so often but not up to campus much, and last time I did there was a lot that was new. Too bad Crazy Mama's is long gone, a punk rock bar Charlie!

I don't know, Compur, that's a reasonable explanation but from a guy who does paranormal research and on one of those sites that seems to mostly be about ads. Seems like if fictional futuristic beings could create an environment they'd be able to figure out what earth looked like in the '60s and not made an 18th century room. I'm done trying to figure it out! lol I'll just go with it was the psychedelic '60s and leave it to the imagination.

Hi Leo, bye Leo! Hope you're enjoying your long weekend. :glee:
 
I haven't been here in days. The mornings when I walk out at approximately 4:30 have been cool the last couple days.
Humidity is down as well.
27.53 with tomorrow to go.
They bumped me up to 9 an hour from 8.50. Every little bit helps.
Have Frankenplanes ready for servos etc.
PCH just won't leave me alone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
This is our last Flex Friday week. I have had 4-day weeks since the beginning of June.

Next week's gonna suck.

One more hour to go before I enjoy my last 3-day weekend in a while. My brain is already on its way out of the building.

Just think your halfway through your least favorite time of year. Sooner than you think it will be Labor Day weekend and you’ll be lounging around in a hoodie.

To be fair, I keep the house cold enough that I can do that now ;)

August is the busiest month of the year for colleges, so I have a feeling that August is going to fly by. Thank you, Jebus! (Simpsons reference, not a typo :D )

I feel like I spent my last Flex Friday away from work well. Started off with a meeting with a real estate agent that I'm starting to work with to buy my first home. Then did a little shopping, had lunch with Buzz, got my nails done, and went home and took a nap. Went back out to have dinner with Buzz, and we just sat outside for a little while, watching the wildlife, drinking a little wine. I got to finally try one of the little Cohiba shorts that a friend got for me a few months back. Will snuggle with some kitties, have some tea, and settle down to bed.

It was a good day.
 
I ended up catching a burger at the hotel; it was decent.

Tonight our nephew and his LW came up from near Cincinnati and we went to a German place; very enjoyable.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom