What's new

The Coffee House

but it did sag some. I had to add another folded sheet in the back because of light coming in thru the hall window.

Can't wait to see the final shots!!! I've got a couple of theme ideas, but it's been so hot and humid I just haven't been up to it. Little bit is into the Lion King now, if that gives you a hint. :biggrin: You are braver then I, as I know how difficult it is with one on a set, I don't think my nerves could stand several. Baby shark dance, been there, finally got that &^%* ear worm music out of my head.

The sags in the middle look sort of like the ones I've gotten with sheets, the cross bar on my stand will sag in the middle the more I try to stretch the sheets. FYI: to cover up the windows in the back, black plastic trash bags work great. Use straight pins in the woodwork, the holes are so tiny they don't show or pin it on the top and let them drape over. I'm thinking about trying black out curtain panels (the kind with the grommets at the top where the rod goes through). I've seen them used as a backdrop before and it didn't look bad.
 
It took 3 hours of prep work for the school interview set. I washed & dried the sheet, ran it again under steam wrinkle, and then ironed. Got most of the wrinkles out, but it did sag some. I had to add another folded sheet in the back because of light coming in thru the hall window. There was a small soap spot on the sheet. The talent showed up after school and the 6yo had a mini melt down and did not want to participate. I had the oldest at the news desk to interview the younger ones. She referred to them as "contestants" lol. She then switched to sisters. The 3yo danced in between questions about preschool. And there was some baby shark dance moves too. I would have moved the coffee table, but it is too heavy so I threw my new dog blanket over the top.

View attachment 178310

Wonderful memories you’re making for your grandkids and your own children to share. Wish I’d taken more videos of princess when she was little but I was always more interested in photos than video. We do have some from when she was young and silly though and I love them.
 
We're overflowing with figs off our little tree trying to come up with ideas of how to use them, so I tried a Sauteed Fig recepie I found. Will be one of my favorites in the future. Has the texture of a cooked fruit with a sweet/sour/salty/spicy taste all rolled into one.

Super easy to make, slice fresh fig in half, and place in skillet face down in bacon grease (everything tastes better in bacon grease). Cook over medium heat 3 mins, then flip and cook 3 more. Remove to bowl. Make a topping using Maple syrup and Red wine vinegar in the ratio of tablespoon of syrup to a teaspoon of vinegar. (Adjust for the amount of figs). To this add a pinch of red pepper flakes, and salt/black pepper to taste. Whisk to mix, then dribble over the figs. If you want have it add a little fresh basil

You were looking for recipes. Sorry, forgot to reply. Google fig pizza recipes. Sounds strange, I know. Never in a million years did I think this would be good.

Last summer, a friend of of mine built an outdoor pizza oven. He invited a bunch of people over for a pizza party. One preferred to not eat meat. She brought fresh figs, pears and other ingredients. We made traditional pizzas for the young ones, but us adults had so much fun playing with the figs and pears, we had to make a store run. Lol.

Don't follow any recipe to a tee! We tried gorgonzola, goat cheese and blue cheese. Prosciutto, ham and bacon. With and without arugula.We all agreed the Vadalia onions caramelized with a little brown sugar was a must. And the balsamic vinegar/brown sugar glaze was a must. Everything else was personal preference.

All of this can be done in an oven. Invite your friends and make a night of it. Pretty sure you can come up with a combination that will be made over and over.
 
You were looking for recipes. Sorry, forgot to reply. Google fig pizza recipes

Doesn't sound strange at all, I've seen some recipes like that I want to try.
 
All I know are fig newtons. Maybe there's a homemade recipe??
 
One more time!
 
Is that what's going on in Smoke's backyard??
 
Right now I should be...


Packing!
 
Right now I should be...


Packing!

Where are you going?

Anywhere nice?

Getting ready for our annual extended family trip to NH White Mtns. Love it up there. Hiking, lazy river tubing, waterfall swimming, mountain coastering, bbq-ing and lots of just hanging out. I plan on using our hikes and other activities to scout out some new spots for my annual no family fall photo trip (shhhh). Our rental this year is half way up a mountain so views from the deck should be nice.
 
Morning all, sun is out so charging up the batteries then off out to take some images of a great street band, I saw them yesterday and they were great.
 
My wife and daughter got a new friend at the humane society yesterday. This is Kat or Itty Bitty (name in progress, haha).

12547629-6789-4620-97F9-5FDDEC71AD17.webp
 
Awwwww.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom