What's new

The Coffee House

MLW is working an OT shift at the Watch Office so it's just Zoe and I. There's a load in the dishwasher and I'm enjoying cup number two, a grocery-store branded "Breakfast Blend."

Tonight is chicken and andouille jambalaya. Since MLW won't be home until about 8:00, this time I'll make the rice on the side and add it when served.
 
767CD8A4-3CE8-40A5-93F3-9598AD692A12.webp


“I like it when her belly makes that noise!”
 
I seem to have not been here since 8-10.
Missed a lot. Welcome back Fuji Dave.
Love cats but our dogs don't.
Finished this week with 33.26.
I asked Susan to guess about pennies and she said probably Tuesday. But I said I will have the box in the truck on Monday.
So that's a lot of my day.
Benny gave me an old funky plane with a very weird control. I have repurposed the wing and tail feathers for a foam board airplane. It is an undercambered wing so it should be a lot like my Old Timer back in the 80s and very docile. Should have a radio, servos and such arriving starting Tuesday. Might fly next Saturday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Jon, look how much she's grown!!
 
Afternoon all, sunny here but blowing a gale at the moment. Off to the dentist soon to have some teeth taken out which I`m not looking forward too at all as will have a gap in the top front row till I get some new ones.
 
Off to the dentist soon to have some teeth taken out

:ambivalence::eek::confused: Sorrry to hear that Dave.

Dentists are my worst nemisis. This is why I cant be a secret agent,you can stick bamboo under my fingernails or snip off a toe no problem, but put me in a dentists chair, and I'll tell you whatever you want to know.
 
Off to the dentist soon to have some teeth taken out

:ambivalence::eek::confused: Sorrry to hear that Dave.

Dentists are my worst nemisis. This is why I cant be a secret agent,you can stick bamboo under my fingernails or snip off a toe no problem, but put me in a dentists chair, and I'll tell you whatever you want to know.

Thanks Jeff, had to have my top front bridge taken out as one tooth snapped so I now have a horrible gap till my gum heals and get dentures, plus had three teeth taken out at the bottom back so an early night for me tonight.
 
Afternoon all, sunny here but blowing a gale at the moment. Off to the dentist soon to have some teeth taken out which I`m not looking forward too at all as will have a gap in the top front row till I get some new ones.

Sorry for the tooth problem. Speedy recovery!
 
We had a scare today. My Sister left Cleveland and heard what was the belt disintegrating. She drove to the Liquor store across the highway from us. Must be a pretty tough engine because it did not blow up or lose the head gasket.
Only problem is it's going to be an all day job to put a belt on it. The professional floor people could be coming Friday so Saturday morning might be when I begin.
Sunday if that doesn't happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
We had a scare today. My Sister left Cleveland and heard what was the belt disintegrating. She drove to the Liquor store across the highway from us. Must be a pretty tough engine because it did not blow up or lose the head gasket.
Only problem is it's going to be an all day job to put a belt on it. The professional floor people could be coming Friday so Saturday morning might be when I begin.
Sunday if that doesn't happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
What car? Generally belts aren't too difficult, and on almost any modern vehicle (post mid 80s) with a serpentine belt, as long as you have a de-tensioning tool (or a long breaker-bar and socket) it should only be minutes.
 
What car? Generally belts aren't too difficult, and on almost any modern vehicle (post mid 80s) with a serpentine belt, as long as you have a de-tensioning tool (or a long breaker-bar and socket) it should only be minutes.

Should be........Unless you're talking timing belt. Swear they purposely make those as difficult as possible.
 
What car? Generally belts aren't too difficult, and on almost any modern vehicle (post mid 80s) with a serpentine belt, as long as you have a de-tensioning tool (or a long breaker-bar and socket) it should only be minutes.

Should be........Unless you're talking timing belt. Swear they purposely make those as difficult as possible.
Ahhhhhhh... right; was assuming it was the accessory belt. Usually when a timing belt goes, the results are spectacular. One of the reasons one of first questions when buying any new vehicle is: "Timing belt or timing chain?" "Timing belt!" "Okay, thanks... bye."
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom