What's new

The Coffee House

I bought a backdrop today. It was expensive at $11. A grey queen flat sheet. I'll test it tomorrow when I video the grands back to school interviews.

I tried using sheets but I can never get all the wrinkles out! A while back, Someone on here (Derrel?) suggested using a grey fleece blanket and I’ve tried that and it was so much easier than the sheet. I also used a painters canvas drop cloth to hang on a fence for a backdrop at a school event and just bumped the exposure a bit to get it white and that worked really well.
 
Hosers! Started a Pilates class tonight and wow am I out of shape and stiff compared to this time last year! Flexibility is certainly a use it or lose it thing when you’re well past 40. A few months of couch potato in the winter followed by too busy to exercise in spring and too hot to exercise in summer = a really old Squarepeg.
 
I bought a backdrop today. It was expensive at $11. A grey queen flat sheet. I'll test it tomorrow when I video the grands back to school interviews.

If you don't have one already, buy a small clothes steamer, they aren't expensive. It will be your best friend.
 
If there were goalies in golf I'd watch golf.
 
Afternoon all, just back from my rehab gym and knackered as did 5 minutes on the treadmill and two of those were running on the incline of 3.0.
 
Hosers.

Working in August in Counseling at a community college be like...

1509240952633.gif
 
Also like...

-1178940564.gif
 
Nah, this will be Leo, dancin' in September!

 
We're overflowing with figs off our little tree trying to come up with ideas of how to use them, so I tried a Sauteed Fig recepie I found. Will be one of my favorites in the future. Has the texture of a cooked fruit with a sweet/sour/salty/spicy taste all rolled into one.

Super easy to make, slice fresh fig in half, and place in skillet face down in bacon grease (everything tastes better in bacon grease). Cook over medium heat 3 mins, then flip and cook 3 more. Remove to bowl. Make a topping using Maple syrup and Red wine vinegar in the ratio of tablespoon of syrup to a teaspoon of vinegar. (Adjust for the amount of figs). To this add a pinch of red pepper flakes, and salt/black pepper to taste. Whisk to mix, then dribble over the figs. If you want have it add a little fresh basil
 
It took 3 hours of prep work for the school interview set. I washed & dried the sheet, ran it again under steam wrinkle, and then ironed. Got most of the wrinkles out, but it did sag some. I had to add another folded sheet in the back because of light coming in thru the hall window. There was a small soap spot on the sheet. The talent showed up after school and the 6yo had a mini melt down and did not want to participate. I had the oldest at the news desk to interview the younger ones. She referred to them as "contestants" lol. She then switched to sisters. The 3yo danced in between questions about preschool. And there was some baby shark dance moves too. I would have moved the coffee table, but it is too heavy so I threw my new dog blanket over the top.

081619_Small.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom