What's new

The Coffee House

No fall color here, green and brown and some leaves have come down, but it is still just September, guess we've got a ways to go. I like the Smokies, haven't been there in years; I like Little Nashville (Indiana) more.

Saturday is World Cyanotype Day (didn't know there was such a thing). Guess I'll stick some blue thing (blue paper/treated fabric) in the window (on a table in front of the window that is).

Elvis is in the house. (Watching the ball game (sort of) while listening to it on the radio, or trying to, for me it's just too much like watching paint dry.)
 
Oh boohoo you guys are killing me. We are in the midst of a drought, with temperatures in the high 90s. No fall color for us, the trees are just saying the heck with it, and dropping dried up leaves.

I`m beginning to agree with all this Climate Charge lark now.
 
At the store today, so many things went through my mind when I saw these. The quips and innuendoes were swirling. LOL Then I saw the little disclaimer in small print: "Product enlarged to show detail". My wife pulled me away before I started.
20190927_121601_resized (002)-2.webp
 
Friday 3:15 pm on TCM (Turner Classic) - "The Mummy's Shroud"!!!

Not even safe in the darkroom, notice the reflection in the chemistry -
if you see that, run!

 
Finally!! the mummy appears! I don't know about some of these Hammer films, kind of campy but kind of hard to stay with it til the 'good' part.

I wonder about the end result of eating one of those Glo Balls! lol
 
No need for a night light
 
Would have made some great promotional giveaways for Jerry Lee Lewis. :acne:
 
The mummy's been and gone from the darkroom, best part of the movie. Maybe the only good part, one of the archaelogical types just said he thought something was trying to get them - no, really???!!
 
We actually had a couple of nice localized rain storms come through last night, complete with a thunder and lightning. Seemed strange at first hearing thunder as it's been awhile. Didnt get enough to allieviate the drought weve been in, but definately eased the fire conditions. With it being so dry, wildfires have been a serious problem around the state.
 
It tried to rain a little here, heard something about getting close to drought conditions but the grass in my backyard didn't get the memo.

Hotting up again, not much doin' this weekend. In a couple of weeks my best friend's taking a week of vacation so maybe getting into October will give us some nice weather.

All of a sudden it's getting darker...
 
E65D87BD-A747-4B44-9866-5A576D8ECC3C.webp
0B46FE8A-352D-4D59-AE78-2C90DED24079.webp
Had a Harley bike meet here today about 300 bikes arrived
Took about 250 images, no one stand out pic but a good record of the event
 
Last edited:
Hey y'all. Finished the week with 33.29.
Went to the house after work and did a few things I was supposed to and messed with bicycles. All but one girls bike was 16".
And the 26" bike has a blown out shifter and a rusty chain. The Weedeater brand Weed eater we found has a throttle cable problem. But a wet vac that was missing a plug tested good. And there is a push mower that because I have been watching Mustie1 I'm sure I can fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom