What's new

The Coffee House

X-T3 + XF35mm f2 yesterday at a jazz gig, this is Martin a lovely gentleman who loves to draw and paint the jazz artists, I have printed it up to give him.

Martin by Dave, on Flickr

After helping Mum tomorrow, I`m off to shoot a jazz gig in town, the lady has come over from LA to see friends and sing some jazz gigs.
 
It's actually sunny (mostly, it can't quite decide) and fall has hardly started here; some leaves are turning yellow, some falling, and it's been about the same for the past couple weeks. I expect they'll turn brown and fall off all at once.

Woke up hoarse etc. and thought it might get better but hasn't. So doubt we're going to a game after all, especially with it being parents weekend and a noisy zoo. Gonna see when my best friend gets off work in a bit if she wants to come on up or another time or what we'll do. At least there's hockey on the tele, I just better not watch a game that makes be want to yell/cheer!

Maybe I need Terri to send me some soup!! lol Guess there's always opening a can... (I could actually make some... I could but I don't feel like cooking!)

edit - My friend thought of where she could stop for soup and get a couple of chicken dinners! winner winner!
 
Last edited:
Lots of errands this morning. Finally ordered DW a new car. Seriously thought about switching brands, or models but in the end she went back with another Ford Escape. Now over for some routine service on the truck, and hopefully back home before to long. Now that the rain has stopped have some outside work to do.
 
Oh, I hate to see something like that.

Getting some sun as the day goes on, the cold front was really blowing thru earlier. Was thinking about doing some leaf lumen prints since Mother Nature finally decided it's October and time to fling some leaves into the yard, maybe this weekend. Or maybe some more on fabric if I have some left.
 
Marx Brothers movies on this afternoon, some of their later ones that aren't necessarily the best. But this one had a scene where one of the bad guys picked up a camera off a table of (early) press cameras and replaced it with a big wooden box camera with a gun inside. That's not what's meant by loading a camera!!

edit - Well of course Groucho and Chico grabbed that camera, the lights went out, the bad guy got the gun out of it, and they were in a darkroom with Harpo developing the photo they took. A chase ensues, thru a dept. store, and they ended up on roller skates - still carrying the picture!
 
Last edited:
I ran into a Deluge on the way to the hotel, or rather it ran into me. The fast wiper speed could barely keep up for a little while. It’s no longer raining and 66 degrees.

Dinner is at Denny’s (Caesar salad with grilled chicken). Unfortunately ABBA is on the sound system.
 
I am behind on the Halloween photos this year. The pups still need to get groomed. I shot 2 of the 3 grandkids. Between their activities, fevers, and strep throat hard to squeeze in. The 6yo's cheer squad competition the other night in a gym. I took the XT-2 and 50-140 and had to bump up the ISO. Not the best shots, but my only long lens. Fun to see the other teams perform. There are 3 different age groups in each team so different to see them all perform as one unit. One of the other teams did a gyrating number for their musical portion. I'm getting old because I thought it was distasteful to see 6 to 12 yo's dancing that way. My daughter and some of our team moms thought the same thing. My grand daughter's team and the other 8 teams did cute age appropriate dance numbers.
 
@CherylL despite the reward climbing there aren't many new leads coming in.
 
I am behind on the Halloween photos this year. The pups still need to get groomed. I shot 2 of the 3 grandkids. Between their activities, fevers, and strep throat hard to squeeze in. The 6yo's cheer squad competition the other night in a gym. I took the XT-2 and 50-140 and had to bump up the ISO. Not the best shots, but my only long lens. Fun to see the other teams perform. There are 3 different age groups in each team so different to see them all perform as one unit. One of the other teams did a gyrating number for their musical portion. I'm getting old because I thought it was distasteful to see 6 to 12 yo's dancing that way. My daughter and some of our team moms thought the same thing. My grand daughter's team and the other 8 teams did cute age appropriate dance numbers.

The first thing I learned when Princess was into cheer was earplugs are a must for all the indoor competitions. Those gyms have terrible sound systems and the techno music is enough to make you crazy. I do not miss it.
 
I am behind

Don't feel bad, I managed a couple sets with granddaughter but still have a couple shoot, two family shoots, a set of twins and a project shoot. All outside, all fall theme, unfortunately the leaves have not been very cooperative.
 
Saw that about the little girl, how awful.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom