What's new

The Coffee House

We never had this day off because our county agency's logic thought Columbus Day was the day after Thanksgiving! lol
"Employee Appreciation Day" in the work county, though, as a contractor I have to take leave. It became a holiday about 20 or 25 years ago, mainly because everyone took off, anyway.

Good morning everyone. :biggrin-93:
Good morning, to you.
 
You're heading into the day, we're headed out. Rained off and on most of the morning finally had clearing skies, by 11. The rest of the day here was one of those ideal days, blue sky, sunny, 72 degrees and a light wind.
 
Played hooky today and took a few pics with the new phone (Nokia 7.2). The lenses are Zeiss, apparently.
IMG_20191017_151439_1.webp


IMG_20191017_151748.webp



IMG_20191017_153053_1.webp



IMG_20191017_205737.webp



IMG_20191017_153552_1 - Edited.webp
 
Nice! Guess you're pretty pleased with this. They look great.
 
Nice! Guess you're pretty pleased with this. They look great.

Thanks! Yeah, it seemed to perform pretty well in tricky light and with those really funky skies over the water. I'm also still astounded at the shell I found.
 
Good morning, peeps.
I haven't played hooky (or hockey) in a long time. Nice shots - which beach was that?

I'm still working on a bunch of data updates - yesterday I went through and validated airports and cemeteries; I redraw the boundaries to conform to property parcels, where needed.

No real plans for the weekend.
 
What a difference a few days makes. Went from highs bumping triple digits and lows in 70's to a comfortable high of 70 yesterday, to 40 this morning. Best of all starting to see just a little spattering of color here and there.
 
Good morning from Murica.
 
Nice! 2 and 5 are magic.
 
Good morning, peeps.
I haven't played hooky (or hockey) in a long time. Nice shots - which beach was that?

I'm still working on a bunch of data updates - yesterday I went through and validated airports and cemeteries; I redraw the boundaries to conform to property parcels, where needed.

No real plans for the weekend.

Thanks, Charlie. That was Silver Sands, just west of New Haven. Long Island Sound, not "proper" ocean, but big and salty, so it did the trick. I am happiest right next to big salty water. :)

Nice! 2 and 5 are magic.

Thanks! I was also pleased, especially for what were essentially test shots.

Other than an issue with not being able to make calls (the phone just came out in Sept and Verizon doesn't sell it, so it's not yet properly added into their systems yet - should be fixed today), I am pleased with the new phone. The stock Android OS without manufacturer bloatware is such a relief. And it means I also get a lot more battery life.
 
That was Silver Sands, just west of New Haven. Long Island Sound, not "proper" ocean, but big and salty, so it did the trick. I am happiest right next to big salty water. :)
We may have stopped near for a breather on one of the trips north; I'll have to look on the maps.

Be sure to let me know when you want to come visit the Chessie Bay. I don't recall if you like shellfish - if so and the time is right it'll be steamed crabs - the real ones, with Old Bay.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom