What's new

The Coffee House

Leaves have been coming down here! All of a sudden, whoosh! The guy who does my yard is coming up shortly.

Nice sunny day and one side of my head/nose started dripping nonstop, maybe the leaves? I started with a sore throat over the weekend and here we go.

ABBA??! Wouldn't be playing that if Ted Nugent had bought muzak.

Didja know the name for Mu-zak was inspired by Ko-dak?
 
In the elevator there's a captive audience.
 
In the elevator there's a captive audience.

Memories of things I've done in the elevators.......it took awhile to go to the top of the Peachtree Plaza's 72 floors, even the express.:cupcake::anonymous:
 
@Dean_Gretsch Someone just sent me this. Lot of truth in it.

22730380_552379475106643_6737245104752622443_n.webp
 
Rain is back after one day of sun, shooting and doing a video in church later today with the Fuji so looking forward to that.
 
Re smoke’s pic pos.
Now that I have got older, I know that if I do stupid things it’s going to hurt.
I found that I no longer bounce when I fall over. I think of some of the things I used to do.... shudder
Maybe it’s cos I am a G dad but the thought of absailing down a disused bridge and taking photos whilst doing it no longer appeals
 
, they're purely accidental

When I was young I remember that feeling of being invinsible which got me in situations that a prudent person wouldnt be in. A lot of that bravado waned as I aged, but I think my many years as a VFFR provided a controlled outlet for the adrenaline fix, keeping the body and mind younger. I miss that part of my life, even more when I hear a siren in the distance.

Now that I have got older, I know that if I do stupid things it’s going to hurt.

And take longer to bounce back from. I've never had a fear of heights, but a couple years ago I fell off a ladder. Wasn't that high up and shouldn't have caused any injury, but I fell backward causing the back off my head to hit the corner of a sharp piece of steel. Ended up with 17 staples to close the wound, a big bump, and a concussion that took a few weeks to fully recover from. Even though it was a freak accident that caused the fall, I'll admit it's made me very apprehensive about heights now.
 
For those that saw my posts of Charlie, the snow Bengal he was killed on Tuesday
 
Sadie and I just had a cold, wet walk in the rain. Mornings like this make wonder if I could teach her to use the commode. :ambivalence:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom