What's new

The Coffee House

Good morning, peeps.
I haven't played hooky (or hockey) in a long time. Nice shots - which beach was that?

I'm still working on a bunch of data updates - yesterday I went through and validated airports and cemeteries; I redraw the boundaries to conform to property parcels, where needed.

No real plans for the weekend.

Thanks, Charlie. That was Silver Sands, just west of New Haven. Long Island Sound, not "proper" ocean, but big and salty, so it did the trick. I am happiest right next to big salty water. :)

Nice! 2 and 5 are magic.

Thanks! I was also pleased, especially for what were essentially test shots.

Other than an issue with not being able to make calls (the phone just came out in Sept and Verizon doesn't sell it, so it's not yet properly added into their systems yet - should be fixed today), I am pleased with the new phone. The stock Android OS without manufacturer bloatware is such a relief. And it means I also get a lot more battery life.

I went in the opposite direction and got a new iphone 11. It just came today. So far I love it. It's smaller than my previous phone but the screen is bigger so more convenient to carry but no lost eye candy. New camera has wide angle and telephoto. I don't tend to take a ton of iphone photos but maybe that will change. It's 128GB which is a huge improvement over my previous iphone 6s 16gb which was always having issues with not enough space to update.
 
I like the one of the shell, that's cool. The others seem a little dark, but I like the one of the single tree.

Be careful Charlie with the cemetaries, you know what happened in Poltergeist! I should stop staying up late watching such movies. They do have a watch/look back feature but I never seem to get back to whatever I started watching.

TCM has been showing Godzilla movies on Friday nights, I never knew there were so many Japanese 'monsters' in so many low budget movies with bad acting. Tonight is one with 'all the monsters'. Thankfully there's hockey on!
 
Leo I was going to ask you about your phone the other day. Mine quit working completely and I was looking at a 'retro' style Nokia that's unlocked (and was sold more in Europe/Asia than in the US but Amazon has it).

If I get that but only pay for basic service I have now (my phone is a stupid phone, not a smart one! lol) would I be able to just use it, you know, as a phone?? As in to call someone? I just have no need for a smart phone.
 
Just pulled the plug on this weekend's hiking plans due to how much rain we got in that area. Was thinking of trying to get one more scenic foliage drive in but from what I've been reading on line, the wind and rain of the storm the past 2 days has devastated the foliage and it's over :(

I may be forced to do chores and yard work :eek:
 
Good morning from Murica.
I'm not sure where that is (and I'm a geographer) -- is it near Alabama? :laugh2:

Be careful Charlie with the cemetaries, you know what happened in Poltergeist! I should stop staying up late watching such movies. They do have a watch/look back feature but I never seem to get back to whatever I started watching.

TCM has been showing Godzilla movies on Friday nights, I never knew there were so many Japanese 'monsters' in so many low budget movies with bad acting. Tonight is one with 'all the monsters'. Thankfully there's hockey on!
It's all remote sensing: if it looks like there are tombstones in the aerial, it's verified.

I always said the biggest reason Japan lost the war was because their army had so many defeats against Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, etc.

Let's Go Caps!
 
Just a bit of sun here for a change, hope it lasts long enough to dry the washing.
 
Cool and rainy day here. Time to light the fireplace, and kick back.
 
Finally getting some warmth here. A lovely 33 Celsius today.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

tenor.gif
 
Rainy, cool, and a totally inside kind of day. It is a beautiful thing, considering that 2 weeks ago, we were dry and baking under the sun, with 98'F temps. It was disgusting!

Today makes it all better. :586: I may even get some soup going.
 
High 50’s here today. No hiking this weekend :(. Got the yard work done and put all the patio furniture away for the season. Going to be 60’s all week but won’t have time to get to it later and then it will be too cold to use the deck anyway. I left one chair out for when I sit out there while the pups play .

Puppy had the zoomies today and ran a crazy 8 loop around the yard over and over and over while we worked. She’s sleeping now having really worn herself out. A nap seems like a good idea... zzzz. Zzzz. Zzzz
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom