What's new

The Coffee House

Tonight late night (Friday) for anyone who's up... 'A Most Unusual Camera' episode of the Twilight Zone. I love the vintage camera they use, it cracks me up how they pretend a photo pops out of the top of a camera that old (even then)! Of course it's the Twilight Zone, an unusual camera is the least of it!
 
Lol on the camera. For me it was the CSI series using the uv light.#torch#
The csi staff just snap away taking pics with a uv torch as a light source.
A filter on the lens as well all hand held.
Never a blurry shot or under exposed... na don’t think so.
I tried it just to see.
Ok I love my tv and films, sometimes bad science is ok, but other time it just is bad science that could have been corrected.
 
Canada isn't having a good afternoon at the World Juniors... down 6-0 after two, changed goalies etc. but they can't catch a break.

Hockey all afternoon. And evening. Suits me, I'm worn out still from the past couple of weeks. Going to watch other people chase pucks around the ice!
 
May I present Baby Yoda Catalano

95D43AFC-4931-476E-A50C-72BBDB0B5791.webp
 
Yes, master Yoda, I will bring you doggie treats.
(Couldn't think of a good Yoda quote!)

Team USA just defeated Team Russia, whose coach is former Detroit Red Wings player Igor Larionov known as 'The Professor'. The tournament seems to be going fast, feels like it just started and after New Year's they go into quarterfinal elimination games.
 
Yesterday, we woke up to everything coated in ice. Skating rink out there. Metro transit shut down service and the DOT issued a no travel warning. Did they listen. Nope. Accidents everywhere. I did have some running to do. No thanks. So....Netflix binging it was. Good thing I had just stocked up on snacks too. Lol.

This morning it was 38 and rained most of the day. Weird. But hey, if this were snow, I'd still be digging out.
 
Team USA in World Jrs. defeated the host country Czech Republic in OT. Our players were out there on the ice circling the net like vultures. We seem to be gaining momentum with another win, but in juniors you never know. Holidays & Hockey, I'll take it!
 
And.........now it turned to snow. Started early this morning supposed to go until tomorrow. Heavy, wet and just broke the blower. :grumpy-36:
 
Here in south coast UK the free view is out of action because of the weather, so many complaining.
I know the kids have become a genaratiln who can’t live without their gadgets but tv...... dose no one rem the days of just three or four stations and arials that had to be constantly adjusted.... then you got a sort of a pic if you were lucky

Yes I would miss the tech but I still do a lot of my photography the old way, even though I am digital
Yes my camera can bracket up to 7 shots but I prefer to look at each situation and bracket be it with f stops iso or s speed
But I am a fossil who has one foot in the old ways and is trying really really hard to keep a nose above water with the new tech/methods
 
I love photography and everything that comes with it... but I am officially done in #2020. This is taking up too much of my time. I’m struggling to keep up with the everyday chores of cooking, cleaning and maintaining my home, so something has to give. I have decided to get rid of all my gear.

Below is a list of what's available. Serious inquiries only, and please don't insult me with low offers.

Thanks for reading and understanding...

1. Vacuum cleaner
2. Dustpan and broom
3. Mop and bucket
4. Lawn Mower
5. Leaf blower
6. Laundry detergent
7. Iron

Anything helps for more Photo Gear...

Feel free to steal this as I stole it. Lol
 
Just got back from the dealership, who was fixing an open recall on my car. They forgot to close the hood.

Imagine my surprise when I'm driving down the highway, in a construction zone with no pull off, and I see the hood start bobbing up and down.

Oh man, I am ready for today, this year, this decade, etc. to be over.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom