What's new

The Coffee House

Let It Snow12082017_700-Edit.webp
 
Hope everyone has a happy Christmas.

- This was my Christmas shot from last year, and for this year I bought a 'deluxe santa outfit' for me and a 'sexy santa dress' for her - both mail order from China and they cost me almost $4! :)

Christmas is not a holiday here, but the plan is to head to the local village with some gifts for the kids, but my significantly better half has said the dress is too small to wear in public (we're heading out on a motorcycle, so she may have a point) - so may need to work on an alternate costume for Santa's helper.

We found a compromise, red gym shorts.
1577195094121.webp
 
You damn well better!!! :586:
 
And on a more serious note, I don't know if I've talked lately about my dad, and after having had a fall being in rehab, then him trying being at home briefly and that not being manageable, so he'd been at a senior living care facility. This fall he was diagnosed with dementia, which was mostly him getting mixed up on what day it was, etc. It got worse in November and he started going down hill all of a sudden and passed away a couple of weeks ago. We had the visitation and funeral last week, and with a small family not too many there, but a number of people he'd worked with came which was nice.

One of his favorite movies was The Christmas Story, and the funeral home now has a third partner whose name is Flick. I said, isn't that the name of the red headed kid in the movie...? and everyone said/groaned, yeaahh... Then later I got a delivery of a box of perishable food items and when opening it a fragile sticker flittered off... I thought OK dad, Flick, fra-gi-le', I get it, I'll do something with the Christmas Story house ornaments... he would have appreciated the humor.

Sharon so sorry about your father's passing. Loved the heartwarming Flick story.
 
Is Christmas over? I'm exhausted. We are having our family time on Friday when everyone is in town. Two of grand girls are sick today and hopefully will be better by then. I have a Christmas folder that I keep notes each year. Some years I write myself a note for next year on what to-do's to cut out. Wrote my note for next year and the list is 9 items. I can't keep up anymore and need to simplify things. One note from a few years ago was just that one word "simplify".
 
Merry Christmas to all those that celebrate.

MLW has been looking for some stained glass for a while. An upscale flea market we go to has a few pieces from old windows and doors, but they are either too big or too dark. I got this for her in Annapolis.


DSC_3038.jpg
by Snowbear Photography, on Flickr
 
Ah HA! So that's what it was. Beautiful gift, Charlie! :586: I bet she just loves it.
 
Charlie that's beautiful. I like the Celtic looking design.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. It was an odd Christmas, my best friend and I went over to visit my mom, this is her first Christmas in the senior living apts. where she moved this summer so it was different.
 
Happy Boxing Day to all in Canada and the UK.

World Jr. IIHF hockey starts today, USA led Canada 2-0 after 1 but Canada just scored again to even it up at 2-2.

Switched over to statehouse choirs on local PBS. Mostly high schools, bell ringers were good, but now littler kids playing recorders, remember those? Oh, they gave them bells too... then sang Small World, it's time for hockey to start the 3rd period!
 
Last edited:
Christmas is finally over for us this year. Started Tuesday for lunch carried over till today when the last son left just after breakfast. One of our more memorable ones, but DW and I, even Sadie, are wore out.
 
The Trouble with Tribbles is apparently they made Captain Kirk start repeating things - storage compartments? storage compartments? lol Does he know there will soon be lots of tribbles in them or what??

I love the mod decor particularly in this episode, very groovy.
 
Thanks, she says she really likes it.

Sharon, I can relate - we really didn't have Christmas (or Thanksgiving) for a couple years after Mom-in-law and brother-in-law passed away. This year Miriam's two local sisters came down for Christmas Eve dinner (one is with the Sheriff's office and had to work on the 25th). We did the same thing at one of their places (we cooked) for Thanksgiving.

If the weather cooperates, we'll be heading to Maine on Wednesday or Thursday to take Lazy Lobster back.
 
The Trouble with Tribbles is apparently they made Captain Kirk start repeating things - storage compartments? storage compartments? lol Does he know there will soon be lots of tribbles in them or what??

I love the mod decor particularly in this episode, very groovy.
"That's my chicken sandwich and coffee."
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom