What's new

The Coffee House

Storm hit here waves overtopping just put storm boards in
Prob loose power in..
Edit lost phone for a short time.
 
Last edited:
3am we are over the peak of high tide, there is some flooding but nothing major and it should ease off now
 
It's rained a bit and expecting snow/rain mix on Saturday morning; MLW will be pulling a 12-hours at the Watch Office on Saturday.

I'm a happy bear.
I had my appointment with my RPN this evening and was told I should be proud -- verified I've lost about 30 pounds (13,6 kg / 2 stones), but the best news is my A1C dropped from 10% (October 2019) to 5.5%, putting me out of the "diabetic" range. I am still on the medication (pills, not insulin) for the next three months, then get re-evaluated to see how much the dosage can drop.
 
Good going, not sure what scale system you use for diabetics but it sounds good that you are out of the diabetic range
 
Smoke, Hi.
Thanks we will be sitting up for a bit just to keep an eye on the water level outside.
The local authorities are working to reduce the amount of water that comes down our road
The worst should be over for now at least. Will have to watch next high water if the storm keeps up.
1300 bst wens
Hi all still here not washed away, the storm seems to have died
No longer buffeted by gale force 9 winds
The high water is in about 1 and half hours looks like there will be no more flooding
 
Last edited:
Hi all, after the storm here it’s calmed down now. Yesterday gale force 9 wind made going on the beach impossible
Today people are out enjoying the day. This lad and his dog would have been washed away at the location at 3am this morning
As you can see in the b&w it’s still rough but not crashing over the top
E276045C-9501-46EB-B549-2896AE265ADD.webp
8CBABB2E-542F-4923-89AA-171F045B4035.webp
 
No post for nearly 2 days?!

giphy.gif


Installed a new dishwasher last night.

Ready for the weekend!
 
No post for nearly 2 days?!

Wow! Bunch of lame hosers lately. It's the post holiday winter blues? Or riveted by the weather?
 
Or riveted by the weather?
Yeah, the weather is among the things that's kind of been riveting lately. :sexywink2:

Thankfully, our warm spell seems to have snapped and it's 20 degrees cooler today. These fronts have brought a ton of rain, one deluge after another, for the last 10 days, and the yard is still boggy in a couple of spots. Temps are supposed to drop even more over the weekend, which is a welcome return to actual winter!

Happy Friday, hosers!
 
No post for nearly 2 days?!

Wow! Bunch of lame hosers lately. It's the post holiday winter blues? Or riveted by the weather?

I can only speak for myself. Just like August, January is a bludgeon at work. This weekend will be like a brief breaking of the surface to take a deep breath, but then come Tuesday, I'm going back under.
 
I was thinking Leo I hadn't seen you on here lately, but I hadn't thought about it being a new and fabulous semester. OK, a new semester.

Weather here is I don't know what. Supposed to snow today but the forecast pushed that back to overnight. Then back to rain tomorrow, then dropping into the teens. Was planning to go to a hockey game but probably will wait til next Saturday, not worth risking a fall with a cane on even a thin a glaze of ice.

The big brown truck just took away the broken thing being returned. A retractable cord should, you know, retract... so once the money's credited back this evening I'll buy another hair dryer (without any retractability!) and hope 3rd time's a charm.
 
Anyone else use the organizer function on Flickr? If so where did it go??????
 
Anyone else use the organizer function on Flickr? If so where did it go??????

I still have it on my Flickr. Do you have a "pro" membership or the free account? I have pro.
 
Forgot to answer you - it is the last option under You
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom