The Coffee House

Anyone else use the organizer function on Flickr? If so where did it go??????

I still have it on my Flickr. Do you have a "pro" membership or the free account? I have pro.

I'm still on Free, that may be the difference, as a lot of the tools available before have disappeared.

At least they are finally getting rain.

Good morning, peeps.
We have a light dusting of snow, but it is not doing anything now. The storm, in general, is supposed to go to a mix, later this morning, and all rain this afternoon.

No plans for today, except hit the PB Box. We picked a post office that's not expensive and between work and home, but the lobby isn't always open. I'm going to use it for my reoccurring meds, since insurance want's me to get three months at a time, and the local delivery person sometimes puts mail in the wrong box.

After that, and a little work that I brought home (just formatting a Word and equivalent HTML document) I'll probably play with some paint. I picked up a kid's watercolor pan set to use while I try techniques.

Smoke -- yes, it's in "You" and does appear in the free version.

Hi all.... just popped in to say hi whilst on line ordering mountboard, cutter blades etc.
If anyone knows of a good dot com that does #fastmount# products and is in uk please drop me a pm
My supplier is no more,
Thanks

Timing is everything and mine sucks.
The roads were fine, just a bit wet, but I did need to stop and put air in the front tires. The PO Box was empty, not even containing junk mail. Returned home and check the phone (I had left it home on the charger) and MLW had sent a text stating she got an email from the prescription plan but not sure if it was related to my refill order.

I go to their website and it shows my things have been shipped. I hit the tracking and it shows them being delivered at 10:00. I was the post office at 9:00. Bother. I guess we'll swing by on Tuesday (Monday is a Federal Holiday for the non-USA peeps) at lunch.

Cup number three and lunch are history; some of the work-work is done; the bed sheets are in the dryer and the comforter is waiting it's turn for the hot tumble; I have a few dishes to do, then it's painting time. :D

I have a few dishes to do, then it's painting time

Saw earlier that you'd picked up a watercolor set, have you ever done any ink pen and water color, or used Prismacolor water color pencils?

Saw earlier that you'd picked up a watercolor set, have you ever done any ink pen and water color, or used Prismacolor water color pencils?

I've done some pen and ink, both dip pen and fountain pen (My Weekly Themed Sketch and Other Art Works), but not with watercolor in the same work, though I typically use the ink in washes.

I have a set of the Prismacolor water-soluble pencils, but I'm waiting for the Derwents to get used up before I open them (Pastels and Watercolors). I also have some Prismacolor regular color pencils. The acrylics are a blend of brands, mostly student quality. The "good" watercolors are tubes (again, student quality) whereas the new set for testing techniques is an eight-color kid's set by Crayola.

There's even a tube of oil paint I used to selective hand-color an B&W silver print.

OK, here it is.

IMG_1291[1].JPG

Oh, you meant the selective color photo? Here's Jasper (RIP), Tri-X, Ilford RC paper, artist's oil paint

jasper_selclr.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1291[1].JPG
    IMG_1291[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
Where's Leo??? 'Harry Lime', zither music, kitties in doorways...

edit - And canted angles, and an abandoned looking ferris wheel, plenty of great photographic aspects.

Last edited:
Hi all, just a bit hacked off at the moment, putting away the kit from macro shoot. The adapter ring for ring light jammed on the thread of uv filter.#67mm#
Tried all the normal tricks, finally used grips and pliers... still not moving, by not I have damaged both adapter ring and uv filter had to throw both away, just pleased that it did not jam on the lens.
POSs going to have to get new ring light or more lightly use what size adapter rings I have left
A real pain as the adapter ring /rings are unique to that light,

Hi all, just a bit hacked off at the moment, putting away the kit from macro shoot. The adapter ring for ring light jammed on the thread of uv filter.#67mm#
Tried all the normal tricks, finally used grips and pliers... still not moving, by not I have damaged both adapter ring and uv filter had to throw both away, just pleased that it did not jam on the lens.
POSs going to have to get new ring light or more lightly use what size adapter rings I have left
A real pain as the adapter ring /rings are unique to that light,

That stinks! The macro lens filter I just got is a spring load and goes on like a lens cap. Super easy. MYbe they make a ring light with a similar mechanism?

I wonder if this shop is owned by Sweeney Todd...lol

DSCF2164.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back