The Coffee House

Squirrel Appreciation Day!
The Dull Men's Club ("Celebrating the Ordinary!") newsletter tells me that tomorrow, 1/21, is Squirrel Appreciation Day in the U.S. Enough said! You know who you are! (The holiday is now in its 19th year, and was started by wildlife conservationist.)

The tatoo parlor looks much more interesting than squirrel day sounds! lol

It's so quiet today, even more than usual since it's not exactly too lively out here most of the time anyway. Especially in this cold, nobody seems to be out unless they have to. I had a Dr. appt. and was in and out pretty quick. Got into a conversation with someone there about a holiday craft show where she sells, so the trip into town was worth something.

I had extra coffee this afternoon. Especially good after coming inside. It feels like winter now! Brr! I still feel chilly.

Good morning, hosers. Hope life has been treating y'all well.

Well well, look what the cat dragged in! Never understood that one when my mom said it but it seems to fit. How’s the family? The little ones and the bar must be keeping you pretty busy.

Hi all, just having a real coffee, after yesterday’s photo shoot in the park, I am kinda stuck indoors as I am paying the price for yesterday. The knees are really playing me up, pain killers and rest today.
So I may be here a lot .....

Well well, look what the cat dragged in! Never understood that one when my mom said it but it seems to fit. How’s the family? The little ones and the bar must be keeping you pretty busy.

Crazy busy. There's always something, and my daughter is starting ballet soon so I'm sure it'll only get worse. The photography bug just isn't with me at the moment. I'm sure it'll return as the weather gets warmer. My brewery involvement should go down soon, I think, as we are discussing the need to hire a taproom manager before summer. Most of my hours at the brewery have been in that role recently, but we'd like the expand the scope a bit to include event planning and scheduling and other stuff, and I have no interest/wouldn't be good at that kind of thing. Once that happens, I'll have some more time to breathe.

I'm sure I'll be around here when it comes time to take photos of my house though -- we're doing some clean-up work and minor renovations to get it ready to sell this spring. My 1050 sqft 2ish bedroom starter home (you know, the one we said we would live in for 5 years max...it's been 11, haha) is closing in on us as the kids are getting bigger.

Great to see you, Jon! :icon_sunny: Sounds like business is good! Glad to hear the family is doing well. Looks like life is kinda taking over, and it's really hard to squeeze our hobbies in, too. We've all been there!

No worries, but we'd love to get pics every now and then of the fam. Good luck with the renovations (ugh!).

Hey, Jon! Nice to see you.

Crazy busy. There's always something, and my daughter is starting ballet soon so I'm sure it'll only get worse. The photography bug just isn't with me at the moment. I'm sure it'll return as the weather gets warmer. My brewery involvement should go down soon, I think, as we are discussing the need to hire a taproom manager before summer. Most of my hours at the brewery have been in that role recently, but we'd like the expand the scope a bit to include event planning and scheduling and other stuff, and I have no interest/wouldn't be good at that kind of thing. Once that happens, I'll have some more time to breathe.

I'm sure I'll be around here when it comes time to take photos of my house though -- we're doing some clean-up work and minor renovations to get it ready to sell this spring. My 1050 sqft 2ish bedroom starter home (you know, the one we said we would live in for 5 years max...it's been 11, haha) is closing in on us as the kids are getting bigger.

Good for you. Looking forward to before and after pics of the house and pics of your new digs. Better to move up now than wait. I added on by converting the garage and wish I’d done it 10 years sooner!

Hi all, Just a last post of the day or the first post of the next day... we’ll both as started before midnight and finished after.

Jon! Yeah, kids will keep you busy.

Where's Leo??? 'Harry Lime', zither music, kitties in doorways...

edit - And canted angles, and an abandoned looking ferris wheel, plenty of great photographic aspects.

Ahhh, The Third Man. One of my favorites.

I'm still treading water over here, just trying to get through January.

Also in the middle of an elimination diet to see if there are food triggers that are making my autoimmune thing worse. I think stress has put my immune system on overtime, which just means my body is attacking itself even harder now, creating issues I didn't have a year ago. So just trying to manage that, too. Good times ;)

Had a good first day of class last night. It's been a full year since I taught. Of course, walking into the room last night felt like I never left.

Oh, and hey Jon!

I had zither music in my head the rest of the day...

Nice to see you Jon. I have to remember to stop by your bar next time I'm down that way.

Had a good first day of class last night. It's been a full year since I taught. Of course, walking into the room last night felt like I never left.
That's awesome; it's how it should be! :)

Sorry about the all the other stress, though. Winter can be challenging enough without health issues flaring up. Hope you get a handle on it soon, when this work stuff dies back a little.

Most reactions

Back