The Coffee House

Hey, you know what’s fun? Misplacing a large pack of AAA batteries that you just bought. It’s even more fun (and you get bonus points) when you had a resurgence of an interest for film photography and you can’t power your film camera because it takes batteries. (Yet, you had film in your fridge that is currently “defrosting” on the countertop, according to your wife.)

*shakes fists in the air*

I’m sure you our them somewhere special so they would be available when you need them.
This is exactly what has happened. Now, if I could just find that somewhere special...

They are with the power cord for our old laptop, the extra forks I bought for Christmas dinner and my measuring tape.

Is THAT where my martini glasses are?

Hosers...

I found another package of AAA batteries...

Hmm.

I do stuff like that, then find it and think, if it was a snake it'd bit me.

Today is the, uh, 40th? is that right?? anniversary of the 1980 (yes it is!) Olympic hockey team's victory over Russia to go on and win the gold medal. Two of our college players were on the team, everybody else was from Minnesota or Boston.

I don't know however how much Hockey Night in Canada (and the US and New-foundland) will talk about it!

Wade, get a mechanical film camera, you hoser!

Better late than never, they have just closed the Brighton beach because of dangerous waves. After two storms here in town, and still gusty high winds they close the beach at last, but they might need a big long fence though.

Dave hi
Yes storms here as well, I decided that I am going to stay in but there is no doubt peeps walking on the beach here
Playing chicken with the waves

Dave hi
Yes storms here as well, I decided that I am going to stay in but there is no doubt peeps walking on the beach here
Playing chicken with the waves

Having a look at the UK long term forecast, it looks like we will have more of this wet and very windy weather till nearly the end of next month.

After stopping at the thrift store yesterday, the old rust bucket, decided it didn't want to go home. So, guess what I'm doing today? Fixin' on junk instead of enjoying the warmest, sunniest day we've had in weeks. Great. Just what I had in mind!

Sitting having a hot choc, hacked off. Just spent two hours setting up and doing photos, packed away camera and light tent, lights etc. Put sc card in pc.
No images on the sd card, not one. Tried on camera. No images. Going to test camera once finished choc,
Will test card and camera with diff card. If camera writes ok the card will get the broken into bits treatment I dont really want to loose a scan disk 16g class 10. But this could be a warning the card is failing.
Better here for replaceable pics than some I would not be able to re do.
If it’s the 600d. No don’t even want to think about that option....
Edit. Sorted. Don’t ask, let’s just say it’s the last time I “demo”
Setting changes
Edit of the edit
The card is still not working properly it reads then does not
Well it reads no more, it’s been folded in half, not taking chances failed twice today

Last edited:
17FBFAB8-FDE4-441D-8684-0EC39AB7E2AC.jpeg
EABD780C-F20A-4891-8E3D-9517D7EF1A98.jpeg
045D2F1E-3E04-41AE-BF92-593A93F0E91F.jpeg

These are the ones that did not make this weeks to a T challenge

Wade, get a mechanical film camera, you hoser!
Haha, I need to! The one I’m currently using is the same model as my grandfather’s latest camera. I’m not sure what he used through the ages, but I remember the Minolta Maxxam 7000.

Heavy rain and high winds yet again today, but on a good note I got my thinking head on for movies with a colour in the title. OH I did say in the thread I was a film buff.

Yup, it is.

Fujidave we kinda figured! lol

Got to watching the Kobe Bryant memorial service. Not even remotely a BB fan but still, something to see it. Jimmy Kimmel was emotional and Michael Jordan had tears running down his face.

Yup, it is.

Fujidave we kinda figured! lol

Got to watching the Kobe Bryant memorial service. Not even remotely a BB fan but still, something to see it. Jimmy Kimmel was emotional and Michael Jordan had tears running down his face.

I`m not a fan of BB, but that was a very sad accident and the sport lost a lengend.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back