What's new

The Coffee House

Just finished watching the last episode of Hunters on Amazon Prime. Loved it!
 
Cold drab day here today, still waiting for the X100V in black to go on sale in the shops here then I might get it for the weekend. I hope.
 
I asked my husband to drill a few holes in my hard drive. Looks like the data is safe.
HarddriveHoles.webp
 
Sure picking up some good British slang on here!

My aunt & uncle's farm, where now my cousin lives, had an outhouse (wasn't used!); it's a stone farmhouse from the 1800's. My aunt would always put a lighted Santa figure on the back of the downstairs toilet in the house; it had once been holding a Christmas tree which got substitued for a little corn cob. Supposedly back in the day people used corn cobs for TP. :aiwebs_016:
 
Didn't realize Charlie you're already a fellow county employee! I joke about it but it was really a good place to work (with moments of anal redundancy! lol). Good luck and congrats with the new position. I like that marble topped table, that's a beauty.

The weather is - gray. Not doing a thing, just gray... yes, it's March! And speaking of, apparently there are questions about March Madness. I saw already that a college hockey playoff game refunded tickets and would just show the game online, no fans in the stands. Our local hockey is already done at high school and college level so nothing to get cancelled. There are local college Bball games coming up but I guess that remains to be seen.
 
Last edited:
My wife worked for the county for ~10 years, talk about a cesspool of quarreling old hens...sheeez.
 
We were too busy with kids for that! And we were a separate agency, we weren't working directly for THE County. Only thing was benefits and paycheck from the County treasurer who also did a weekly radio show playin' the oldies!
 
Great walk today after work. There were a lot of low clouds around. Thought we were going to get a great sunset but the clouds kept coming.

D70713FC-0A95-4E39-AFB0-FF45023D2FFA.webp
 
90 suspected cases of c19 here in MA. 70 of them are directly related to a bio conference held in Boston last month. My family has decided to practice social distancing. No malls or restaurants, no indoor crowded spaces, no public transportation, no bowling league or committee meetings or planned college visits, no gym or nail salon. Princess still has school but that may soon be online - we’re locking it down as much as possible.
 
Square Peg hiya.
We are much the same, Mrs & I had planned an evening out to the pics but did not go as we both have a number of health issues we decided on social distance as much as possible. I am normally a very tactile person but hugs and hand shakes are stopped, standing back from people when chatting. Mrs is doing more on line food shopping to save going out.
It’s getting closer to us, just seen the news here, the minster for health has tested positive....
I have noticed that as the virus has gotten worse the jokes have stopped. People seem to know it’s no longer funny and that jokes funny pics may cause offence
Hope you stay well. Katomi
 
Stay safe everyone! I hope most are being allowed to telecommute or at least are in jobs where there is not a lot of close contact.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom