The Coffee House

Charlie, go for it, work for the county! lol if you like dealing with anal retentive! :highly_amused: I did it for 20+ years (well, not the same county obviously) so if I hadn't liked it I wouldn't have stayed. But one of my coworkers did invent a fictional Department of Redundancy Department! We were a separate agency, so the only things 'THE County' included us in were paychecks, benefits, etc.

My best friend was telling me about her work this week and it sounds like people are revving up for the full moon extra early this month. :laugh2:

I was a County employee, there, for 28+ years, so it's almost like a second home. It's been ten years since I "retired" from there so I don'tn even think my pension would be held (I'll check before I do anything), but even if it is, the pay would be a little more than my current plus the pension. I'm just waiting for the announcement to come out, at this point.

We went to Annapolis and I took a few pano shots. I'll get them stitched together tonight. Before the photo session, we went to The Barn Show this morning; it's an upscale flea market and only open a few weekends each year It was originally held in a barn styled out building, but neighbors complained and zoning was questionable so they have moved to a mall. We try to go every time they are open, as the key owners are family friends. Anyway, we weren't planning on buying anything, but MLW fell in love with a table and asked them to let her know if it was still available next month. Her sister (whom works there) got it for her and told us to just pay her back a little at a time, whenever. It's a side table, about 6' x 2-1/2' and has an added marble top - perfect for rolling out dough and other culinary projects. We've talked about replacing the dining room table and chairs, and this would work. We'll pick it up next weekend.

89365527_251766952487023_264738618734542848_n.jpg

In other stuff, number one and the love-of-his-life have set a date in October. The wedding will be in Tulsa, but we have some time to plan the trip.

Andrew and Hannah
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Love the table!

@snowbear love the table! And congrats on the couple's on their set the date.

Cleaning out my office closet today and found old discs Premiere Elements 3 and Photoshop Elements 5. That was back when the sequence numbers didn't match up. Found a hard drive from 2003 that will soon meet a hammer.

Reading all the news about people going mad over toilet rolls, maybe they could reuse all the bumff (junk mail)
News paper used to be cut into squares and threaded on a string then hung in the out house (toilet) and was called bumf or
Bumff ... AKA bum fodder
I once lived in an area that called the out house a Netty. Since then I have stoped calling my sister Netty

Hah!

My BIL's name is John, in his presence I always refer to the restroom as the "John". I am fairly certain he dislikes it. :biglaugh:

Thanks, it is a nice table. The marble needs a little cleaning but it will see a lot of dough rolling.

Now comes the fun part -- getting it home and into the apartment.

Thanks, it is a nice table. The marble needs a little cleaning but it will see a lot of dough rolling.

Now comes the fun part -- getting it home and into the apartment.
That marble top will act as a countertop extension, that's for sure. But yeah, I'm guessing it adds a lot of weight. :eek:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back