What's new

The Coffee House

88149202_3068389996512678_4740948702787534848_n.jpg
 
SO, if I get Corona virus, should I try to top it off with Lyme disease?

Nothing planned this weekend, except some work around the abode, though MLW and I are going to be in Annapolis for a bit, tomorrow. I'll take the camera, but have no idea what to go shoot. Next weekend we're planning on going to the Eastern Shore so I'll be looking to get some shots.
 
Don’t tell everybody but we have some sun, just done the outside jobs, now sitting with a coffee and slice of cake.
Staying at home, both Mrs and I have health issues so we are avoiding public place at the moment
 
The rain has finally moved out after a long, soaking wet week.

Sunshine out there! :icon_sunny: Happy Friday, hosers!
 
G'night peeps; it's been a busy day.

It seems my shoulder problem is the rotator cuff; I'm to continue PT for the immediate future and something to help the pain. Yeah - the joys of getting old.

On the work front, I've been given a few of quick assignments (one or two hours, each) while the boss does some administrative stuff: list of dry hydrants (six, plus six underground water tanks) and stations that have engines (all but one station) and tankers (two stations); four or five changes to polling places; and the Medical Cannabis Dispensaries in the County (seven). I've also been told that I am now on the list for working the Emergency Operations Center when it is activated. As a contractor, the boss has exempted me, but with the (scary) Corvid-19 now in the county next door, he's having to update contingency plans. At least we don't necessarily need to physically respond the the EOC; we can telecommute in. I take it as an honor, as I am number three on the list (the boss is number one, the senior project manager, number two). He has also asked me if I were interested in the upcoming vacancy in the office, as a County employee.

The past few days have been cool, but getting cold this weekend; possible flurries in the area. Next week is supposed to be in the 70s. If you don't like the weather in DC, come back tomorrow.
 
Happy weekend Hosers! First a hike with my sweet girl -

1758077B-6CE1-41AF-8B0B-4437858A9477.webp


Then a bath for my good boy
59848F12-ADA4-4AC0-97B8-753EA33538D7.webp

As for me - I’m both good and sweet haha! Going to grab a movie today I think. Emma. I love Jane Austen’s characters and sense of irony. Emma is one of my favorites.

Also scoping out sites for a Milky Way shoot tonight if the skies are clear. Fingers crossed for less than 20% cloud cover!
 
He looks so happy to be getting his bath! :lol: I love that he fits right into the sink.

I'll be interested in hearing your take on Emma. Love me some period flicks when they're well done. :)
 
I like Jane Austen too. Did you see the special with Lucy Worsley on PBS? She's rather fun, small enough to fit into vintage Henry VII era gowns, and wear a big powdered wig with modern day dress! Local PBS stations showed the '90's 'Pride and Prejudice', watched it twice on different stations a few weeks apart.

And - it's sunny here too!! Cold, but still.
 
Is that full moon going to interfere with your Milky Way?
FYI, I got my Sequator to load with some help.
Going to try and actually post a photo today!
 
Charlie, go for it, work for the county! lol if you like dealing with anal retentive! :highly_amused: I did it for 20+ years (well, not the same county obviously) so if I hadn't liked it I wouldn't have stayed. But one of my coworkers did invent a fictional Department of Redundancy Department! We were a separate agency, so the only things 'THE County' included us in were paychecks, benefits, etc.

My best friend was telling me about her work this week and it sounds like people are revving up for the full moon extra early this month. :laugh2:
 
He looks so happy to be getting his bath! :lol: I love that he fits right into the sink.

I'll be interested in hearing your take on Emma. Love me some period flicks when they're well done. :)

will let you know! He loves his bath as long as I’m singing and scrubbing. If I stop for a photo he cries.

I like Jane Austen too. Did you see the special with Lucy Worsley on PBS? She's rather fun, small enough to fit into vintage Henry VII era gowns, and wear a big powdered wig with modern day dress! Local PBS stations showed the '90's 'Pride and Prejudice', watched it twice on different stations a few weeks apart.

And - it's sunny here too!! Cold, but still.

‘The Masterpiece P&P is the best one! I watch it at least once a year. It used to be free on Netflix or Prime but now it’s on Hulu. I own the dvds but don’t really have a dvd player anymore unless I want to sit at my desks Nd use the old laptop.

Is that full moon going to interfere with your Milky Way?
FYI, I got my Sequator to load with some help.
Going to try and actually post a photo today!

I believe moonset it at 3am and the MW core will be visible until 4:30.
 
To backup a bit... boy, Katomi you really got pummeled by those storms, I didn't see or read much about it.

My mom sewed a lot of my clothes so I learned how (home ec. was kind of sucky, and I don't know what we made!). My grandma made me a whole little suitcase of Barbie clothes (I have her vintage sewing machine because nobody wanted it and it's a pretty piece of furniture but I haven't done anything with it!). I do hand quilt piecing, embroidery, a little lace making... I hate zippers. And the zipper foot, it's only on one side and I have a heckuva time keeping it in place. I also can't keep a sewing machine going at an even pace, it either zooms ahead or goes too slow!

I learned quilting from a gentleman in the area who was a quilt judge etc., learned more good techniques from him than anybody. He since passed away, but he learned from his mom back in the day; his wife did some quilting but more embroidery, etc.

So Charlie, now I know who has a quilt shop nearby! :eyebrows: jk I find plenty online! which can be an advantage but obviously is some of the reason many shops closed up (that or because the owner retired). Washed and folded and sorted fabrics for a nice spring-y quilt wall hanging I'm starting, adapted from something called BloomTopia. :icon_flower:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom