What's new

The Coffee House

You are a bit far for me to drop supplies in but I can wish you both well and hope you are ok.
 
On call all weekend! I very rarely get asked to cover weekends or holidays but our work is essential to the communication network and there is a huge increase in call and data volume with everyone working from home. Next week will be even worse. I am tied to my desk waiting for others to finish their work so I can move things along.
 
fnjwte638jn41.jpg
 
SharonCat - "On call all weekend!" - blech. I guess the good thing is still being working as I've known people to say.

My best friend is now working from home and when she has a day off this week (for working a Sat.) she's going to pick up a small grocery order for me and drop it off and do the Mel Brooks thing. (If you look for it you'll probably find it!)

There's a church in the area that's having services tomorrow at a drive in movie theater! People will need to stay in their cars, and the restrooms/concessions will be closed. No popcorn in church!

NESN is tossing me a bone replaying a Beanpot from '90. I didn't get Center Ice or any sort of sports package that long ago, much less NESN. The players sure wore less/thinner padding then. This game is 5-0 BU over Harvard in the 2nd and I'm going, this game is over. Isn't it...??

edit - As soon as I said that, Harvard scored, so maybe this is goiong to get inteesting yet!
 
It's all getting so serious that all you can do is just have an extra beer, I am social distancing and not going out unless I know I will be on my own. What more can I do.
 
Day 9 of our self imposed shelter in place. Except for a quick trip on Monday with limited exposure we haven't been out. DW is at the lowest level of immune system for the month, as she finishes up her Chemo round for the month. Really hasn't been that bad, as we've played this game all winter because of the severity of the flu in our area, but the days do start to take a toll on you. I remembered this from another time when we were going through a month long hospital quarantine preceding and following a stem cell transplant. Still appropriate, and at least we're both together this time. The title is "Waiting".
IMGP0663 -1 small.webp

waiting.webp
 
Next thing you know people will getting out their old Ataris and be playing Pong. That's why we have basements people!

SMOKE!!! I meant to post the other day, I'm backtracking, I'm so glad you're on here. Now, we need to get Gary back on here, 'moms' worry. Whatever happened let's all move forward, we're all in this same leaky boat together. Stick around, Smoke.

Our state just went to just stay at home - can't think what it's called... Our state has daily press conferences and the other day when the Governor was asked about shelter in place (that's what it is!) he said that was pretty much what we were already doing... games and events cancelled, places like bowling alleys, hair salons, etc. closed. Restaurants and shops can do online orders and carry out/curbside.

I'm going to do an online quilt-along, and they said earlier they had like 10 thousand quilters participating! yowza. I don't know how much I'll actually do, I may eat popcorn and watch the videos! I'll actually probably do one block and work it into a project I'm starting.
 
As I backtrack, Jon!! nice to see you, glad you and your family are OK. Some schools here have gone online, some haven't, but the district where I live is working on getting homework packets out, etc.

Is your brewery going to make hand sanitizer?? Not the preferred use of the equipment but whatever it takes.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom