- Joined
- Mar 18, 2013
- Messages
- 16,693
- Reaction score
- 18,300
- Location
- Boston
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
- Moderator 🛠️
- #47,401
Some days you make really stupid mistakes
Today is such a day, I have been out in the garden trying to photograph sea gulls, going well up to dropping lens cap.
Ok here is the pic I have the camera around my neck on a long strap my inner voice said take camera off and put it down safe indoors....
No I had to bend down to get cap, camera swung down and canon 70 200 l series clipped the ground.
Awllllll bad word more bad words........
End result I was one lucky daft fool, just the UV filter marked/dinked/ scratched
Tried cleaning filter no good leaves a dust like mark on the pics..... had been the front element.....
Going to cost new filter, better say a thank you to the god that looks after idiot photographers
my understanding is that front elements are much more ding and scratch resistant than uv filters. Was your lens hood on? That’s your best protector IMO. Those things bounce.
Last edited:
She's gorgeous. Both my cats love catnip, rubbed on toys or embedded in toys like the carrot. And they both raise up their back legs like that for a big kicking scratch - my husband calls it "the kangaroo move."