What's new

The Coffee House

We are shelter in place. Husband has been working from home the past week. We did some inside spring cleaning yesterday. Hoping the weather gets better to get outside and work in the yard. We have plenty of food for us and the pups. I am worried about my 2 daughters that are nurses and SIL is a cop.
 
I forget what we're under, it was called something different, like I told you people what to do and some of you didn't want to listen! lol Kind of like being a teacher. I figured the press conference was about over when the governor said to one of the reporters something about what he had on YouTube using a hair dryer to blow tissue paper for his kids to catch.

edit - Ours is a Stay at Home order. About the same as it's been, just gives them the abiity to enforce. Like the local bar that didn't just continue dine-in (drink-in??) but decided to have a big buffet and party; they got shut down and boarded up. Guess that got the message across.
 
Helpful Tip ... when you take your Wii out of the closet, use vinegar or lemon juice to clean off the corrosion from the 10 year old leaking battery that you forgot to remove.
 
All states in Australia are now locked down so only essential travel is allowed. I imagine essential travel would include interstate freight that sort of thing. Also all bars, gyms and restaurants are closed, only allowing take away/delivery. They may close beaches as well.
 
So...on call all weekend turned into working Sat 8-8 and 7-7 today. I did sneak in a quick walk with the dogs this afternoon but it was freezing. Canceled my Milky Way plans last night was too tired to do a 2am 3 hour Milky Way run to Maine. Next weekend I hope. Assuming still ok to move about and not working...
 
All states in Australia are now locked down so only essential travel is allowed. I imagine essential travel would include interstate freight that sort of thing. Also all bars, gyms and restaurants are closed, only allowing take away/delivery. They may close beaches as well.

Same here in Illinois except no beach. I plan on using a delivery service for groceries. The local produce market opened for the season last week. They are taking orders and will deliver free of charge. Hopefully they will get a bread and milk supplier. Their FB page said they had a cannolis supplier. An odd mix.
 
Hiya all
Went out in the back garden to do some star photography, apart from being cold it was really weird
Normally we see planes flying over coming and going there will be a group of them enough that I have to normally shoot in between the groups of planes.... last night nothing not one plane
Sign of the times
 
Some days you make really stupid mistakes
Today is such a day, I have been out in the garden trying to photograph sea gulls, going well up to dropping lens cap.
Ok here is the pic I have the camera around my neck on a long strap my inner voice said take camera off and put it down safe indoors....
No I had to bend down to get cap, camera swung down and canon 70 200 l series clipped the ground.
Awllllll bad word more bad words........
End result I was one lucky daft fool, just the UV filter marked/dinked/ scratched
Tried cleaning filter no good leaves a dust like mark on the pics..... had been the front element.....
Going to cost new filter, better say a thank you to the god that looks after idiot photographers
 
0FB66D0E-22EE-4844-81BF-EAA4C61C9EE0.webp
Well that’s the damage, a new filter will have to wait.
 
Last edited:
60E1D450-6C1E-4218-924A-9FEBE5A62E5F.webp
1C57B44E-5F29-47C1-B447-8960D78DA2F5.webp
86069702-80A2-42D3-A20C-E28CEBB76226.webp
E627877F-979C-40C2-80CE-BE8CB36D5E8F.webp
Had just thrown some bread up moments before, then the frenzy started
The pics 1&4 before I marked filter pics 2&3 after I can see the mark in the images. Ok could clone it out but....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom