What's new

The Coffee House

The naff knees gave out and I fell, not seriously hurt. Just a reminder that I am no longer young and bounce.
A few more bruises and cuts, thank for asking.
 
The main problem with being self-isolated is going to be insanity...
That's what books are for.

And photography, drawing, painting. You also have this forum to visit.

It's not forever - try not to let it get in your head. Step outside for some fresh air as often as you need. :)
 
Jeff as Terri said you can come here and chat to others. .chat on the thread or pm me.
 
Here in Perth we are not fully locked down as yet but that will change soon I think. We have had only 255 confirmed diagnoses so far with most of them being from disembarking cruise ship passengers.
 
The main problem with being self-isolated is going to be insanity...
That's what books are for.

And photography, drawing, painting. You also have this forum to visit.

It's not forever - try not to let it get in your head. Step outside for some fresh air as often as you need. :)
... and crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, creative writing ...

Contractors came into the office to clean and disinfect everything. The boss is holding down the fort and was chased out by folks in hazmat suits, spraying the surfaces. MLW was there and had to unlock the doors in her area while they went around. She said it was only an ammonia-water mix, nothing worth trying to obtain.

I'm on full telework until April 24. I've set my hours to 6:30 AM until 3:00 PM; I could really get used to this. It seems the County laptop has an issue: the built-in speaker works but not the input side of the audio jack. I can hear through the earbuds just fine, but the mic does not work on the laptop (it works fine on the phone.) Since we have a weekly staff meeting, I've been having to phone in to the conference bridge, and that took four tries this week. I'm going to just use my laptop for the audio and the County's for video, since the 32" is hooked to it.

It was a pretty day to be home, even if working. It's 66 F right now and partly cloudy. At least here, I can open windows and the patio door.
 
The main problem with being self-isolated is going to be insanity...
That's what books are for.

And photography, drawing, painting. You also have this forum to visit.

It's not forever - try not to let it get in your head. Step outside for some fresh air as often as you need. :)
... and crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, creative writing ...

Contractors came into the office to clean and disinfect everything. The boss is holding down the fort and was chased out by folks in hazmat suits, spraying the surfaces. MLW was there and had to unlock the doors in her area while they went around. She said it was only an ammonia-water mix, nothing worth trying to obtain.

I'm on full telework until April 24. I've set my hours to 6:30 AM until 3:00 PM; I could really get used to this. It seems the County laptop has an issue: the built-in speaker works but not the input side of the audio jack. I can hear through the earbuds just fine, but the mic does not work on the laptop (it works fine on the phone.) Since we have a weekly staff meeting, I've been having to phone in to the conference bridge, and that took four tries this week. I'm going to just use my laptop for the audio and the County's for video, since the 32" is hooked to it.

It was a pretty day to be home, even if working. It's 66 F right now and partly cloudy. At least here, I can open windows and the patio door.

When we video conf for work I use my work laptop to join the meeting for video and webcam but I call into the conference bridge using my trusty landline on speakerphone. So much better. No headset and no crazy cutting in and out like when you voip.
 
54008BCC-890C-4DB0-B8FB-A46C33CE806B.webp
 
Happy Friday Hosers! I have this weekend off barring any major crises at work. Debating a run up to Portland light for a Milky Way to sunrise shoot. A convoy of socially distant photo ladies driving up and keeping our distance while we shoot. But...would need gas for the car and it’s a long drive solo and I don’t know if I want to be so far from home. I would normally stay over for something like this so less driving at night and then a nap before driving home. Talking myself out of it as I type this...
 
Hi all, sleep pattern shot to hell. Here the police are stopping people and making sure they obey lockdown.
Even people driving miles to walk the dog, according to tv, thought about taking our two guys out but they are v friendly and will run and say hi to other people and wait for me to catch up and say hi, up till now this has been a good thing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom