What's new

The Coffee House

91380546_911537792627461_9069441740405997568_n.webp
 
Running low on a few key grocery items. Nothing that I would deem urgent enough to venture into a store though. Spent some time checking online delivery options. The only option that had a delivery window available anytime soon was Target. Managed to get about 80% of what we needed with a delivery scheduled for this afternoon. Will be interesting to see which items actually arrive. Our plan is to hold out as long as possible without going into the stores.
 
We have been to the supermarket once a week for our usual bread and milk run since this all started. The shelves are getting somewhat back to normal, except for the TP, which still hasn't been restocked. We are homebodys so this really hasn't affected us as much as most other folks.
 
Running low on a few key grocery items. Nothing that I would deem urgent enough to venture into a store though. Spent some time checking online delivery options. The only option that had a delivery window available anytime soon was Target. Managed to get about 80% of what we needed with a delivery scheduled for this afternoon. Will be interesting to see which items actually arrive. Our plan is to hold out as long as possible without going into the stores.
Agreed. The last few trips I made, before everything blew up, I kept buying a few extras that could be frozen or sit on the shelf. I've been making menus for 5 days out and sticking to it, using everything methodically until I have to go back. If it weren't for running through produce quicker, I could stretch it out even longer. I don't want to hit the stores but every 7-10 days.
 
Running low on a few key grocery items. Nothing that I would deem urgent enough to venture into a store though. Spent some time checking online delivery options. The only option that had a delivery window available anytime soon was Target. Managed to get about 80% of what we needed with a delivery scheduled for this afternoon. Will be interesting to see which items actually arrive. Our plan is to hold out as long as possible without going into the stores.
Agreed. The last few trips I made, before everything blew up, I kept buying a few extras that could be frozen or sit on the shelf. I've been making menus for 5 days out and sticking to it, using everything methodically until I have to go back. If it weren't for running through produce quicker, I could stretch it out even longer. I don't want to hit the stores but every 7-10 days.

From everything I have read about how this thing spreads, limiting contact with people is really the best defense. Our favorite grocery store has put up plexiglass dividers between the cashiers and the shoppers but they haven’t done much to limit your exposure while you’re shopping. They’re not limiting how many can be in the store at once nor are they making the aisles one way. A friend was in there recently and said some people were not maintaining the recommended 6ft zone. Also no tp, paper towels or disinfectant sprays on the shelves.

TJ’s, on the other hand, I’ve heard has been well stocked and is limiting shoppers to 25 in store at a time with clearly taped waiting spaces for each person. They did have some paper products and were limiting each item to 2 per shopper. If and when I have to go into a store it will be there.

One huge plus is that our favorite butcher shop sells their marinated steak tips and chicken at a local specialty shop that delivers.
 
We had a on line order got about 2/3 of what we ordered.
Our village butcher will do online,phone orders and deliver
 
That was fantastic! Not even my favorite song, but so beautifully done.
I love the ingenuity of people right now, to help us feel better. :586:
 
Hi all, thanks for the messages. Best friend’s dad hasn’t gotten better yet, got a little worse, but is stable. Her mom now tested positive for it. :(

More bad news, though—NOT Coronavirus related. Brother-in-law’s brother was hospitalized and passed away this week. He did have some complications, but it was a very short and sudden thing that no one had expected. His father had passed away in 2019. Sad all around.

On a lighter note, it’s definitely getting warmer out, so I can finally go out with the daughter. She loves looking at and poking flowers. We poke flowers to avoid picking them. LOL
 
Good lord - so sorry for your family's loss, Wade! Sad times for you all - my condolences.

Yes, it's definitely Spring, so at least you can spend that outdoor time with your daughter. Thankfully she's too young to really comprehend these times. Have fun "poking" those flowers!
 
Thanks Terri! Agree, I’m very happy that she doesn’t understand what’s happening!

Is anyone watching the Tiger King on Netflix? We just finished it. Our reactions included, “what,” “are you kidding,” “no, really,” “this is ridiculous,” “all of these people are insane,” and ended with “what just happened.”
 
Thanks Terri! Agree, I’m very happy that she doesn’t understand what’s happening!

Is anyone watching the Tiger King on Netflix? We just finished it. Our reactions included, “what,” “are you kidding,” “no, really,” “this is ridiculous,” “all of these people are insane,” and ended with “what just happened.”

Haven’t seen it but it’s all the rage around here.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom