What's new

The Coffee House

Ouch, feel bad for Oscar. Our kitty Houdini is going to get a bunch of teeth extracted on the 25th, not looking forward to that. :(
 
Poor pup Oscar had yet another trip to the vet. Last month a back toenail was down to the quick and he got it cleaned up & meds. Monday a front paw toenail same thing. Same meds. Today the other front paw a toenail was hanging and bleeding. Sedated at vet and he lost the nail. More meds on top of the Monday meds. Seems he has a disease, that is common, where the nails are brittle. Poor pup is limping, hates the bandage, and hates the cone. He will be on meds for the next 3 months and an ongoing vitamin E regimen.

oh poor pup! That sounds painful.
 
Poor pup Oscar had yet another trip to the vet. Last month a back toenail was down to the quick and he got it cleaned up & meds. Monday a front paw toenail same thing. Same meds. Today the other front paw a toenail was hanging and bleeding. Sedated at vet and he lost the nail. More meds on top of the Monday meds. Seems he has a disease, that is common, where the nails are brittle. Poor pup is limping, hates the bandage, and hates the cone. He will be on meds for the next 3 months and an ongoing vitamin E regimen.
Oh no! Roxy sends her love!
 
Poor pup Oscar had yet another trip to the vet. Last month a back toenail was down to the quick and he got it cleaned up & meds. Monday a front paw toenail same thing. Same meds. Today the other front paw a toenail was hanging and bleeding. Sedated at vet and he lost the nail. More meds on top of the Monday meds. Seems he has a disease, that is common, where the nails are brittle. Poor pup is limping, hates the bandage, and hates the cone. He will be on meds for the next 3 months and an ongoing vitamin E regimen.
Poor baby. :(
 
Hiya all
After a day doing diy yesterday, and the stiff and painful joints in the evening. Today Mrs. Has said have a quiet day I decided to sit with the camera in the back garden and play with some kit that I have not used before
9CD3D04B-71E1-488B-862B-E9E2926A1F47.webp
8FAB28B1-1E8C-4A77-BC35-707DA073FECB.webp
3BC671D6-D215-4B00-9C25-A87B9EE3E546.webp
957E9D8E-8F98-405C-B2B0-0263AC0CC90C.webp
273FA93A-2A0B-4265-BFAF-7D61C23A3D68.webp
 
Started off with 100 400 then added 1.5 converter
Then changed to 2* converter
Really could do with tripod as almost to heavy to hold in the end arm braced on back of bench to keep still
Had to crank iOS up to 400 to get enough light as f11 was min appature with 2* converter
If anyone can I’d the birds, please do. I think they are house martins. We have a group of these come every year same birds or the next gen I don’t know but they always use the same bramble bush and our hunny suckle
 
Last edited:
A recent post has made me think and ask this question
What is a pro, semi pro, amateur , hobbyists
I was always under the impression that an amateur was someone who did not earn a living or money at, in this case, photography
Semi pro, well that’s is self evident as is pro.
But like all titles these get misused
I would class myself as a hobbyist
What are others thoughts on this
 
Good morning, Hosers. A bit of a late start but we have an on-the-patio activity planned. A while back, we bought a re-purposed cart; the kind that used to be used at railroad stations to haul baggage. It has had some box-like shelves added so it is just right as a flower/plant cart. It needs to be refinished, so we plan on stripping it, and start painting. We'll add some plants, herb and maybe a couple of peppers, next payday.

A recent post has made me think and ask this question
What is a pro, semi pro, amateur , hobbyists
I was always under the impression that an amateur was someone who did not earn a living or money at, in this case, photography
Semi pro, well that’s is self evident as is pro.
But like all titles these get misused
I would class myself as a hobbyist
What are others thoughts on this
I am a professional Geographer (GIS Analyst/Cartographer) - that's what the money comes from. Everything else is a hobby.
 
A recent post has made me think and ask this question
What is a pro, semi pro, amateur , hobbyists
I was always under the impression that an amateur was someone who did not earn a living or money at, in this case, photography
Semi pro, well that’s is self evident as is pro.
But like all titles these get misused
I would class myself as a hobbyist
What are others thoughts on this
That's an interesting one. I guess,as you said, a pro makes their living totally from photography, a semi-pro has income from photography and other sources and the other two I would bunch together. There is also the "enthusiast" which seems to be between semi-pro and hobbyist? Having said that I have seen images from people who are "hobbyists" that are just as good as any pros and images from supposedly "pro" photographers that aren't that great. I think sometimes a "label" doesn't reflect the ability of the image taker.
 
Just tried to put a grocery order in for pickup. First of all, they are now making people wait to even get into the website. Then I finally get in, put my order together, and then go to choose a spot for pick-up. Last time I did so, I had to wait several days but it wasn't too bad. This time, I went all the way out to April 13th and there was not a single spot available.

Looks like I'll be making a mask and just going to the store myself.

Try again in a few days. Did you do Prime now with WF? I read online that grocery deliveries and pick ups are super busy right now because a lot of people just got their first unemployment check.

So I tried again last night and yup, it was better. No wait to get into the website and there were actually two free spots for pick-up today, so I did my shopping. Also put in an order at another store that I was able to pick up today, and I stopped at CVS for my prescription.

All things considered, it was fairly painless. No lines, and I was able to run into the grocery store for a few things that I forgot. One thing that the annoyed me is that they had told me a bunch of things I ordered were out of stock, but when I went through to grab the 2 items I had forgotten to order, I ended up picking up 4 of the items they said were out of stock.

Either way, I am now home and I have food.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom