What's new

The Coffee House

Husband to wife. Or which ever way works for you..
“ I have packed the food, drinks, medicine and toilet paper. Is there anything else you need before you get on the phone to ...insert food, bank, chemist, ....”
We have been on the phone in a que for one and a half hours... and counting
Edit now 3 1/2 hours and still in the que. oh well one way to pass the time lol
 
Last edited:
Friend’s dad doing worse. No word yet. His wife (friend’s mom) tested positive.

Yesterday was the start of week 4: staying at home. Funny how in the beginning, it was a mess. It’s gotten a lot better as we’ve started to get into a groove. Daughter is getting used to it, too, although now all she wants to do is watch TV. She’s 2! :048:

Hoping things improve for your friend's Dad and his Mom. And I can't imagine trying to work from home with a 2yo.
Thanks. Just got the news, he passed away. :(

So sorry for your loss Wade. It’s awful what is happening.
 
My sister-in-law is sick and was tested yesterday- we are waiting anxiously to hear. Not the sister-in-law who lives in my downstairs apartment, this is the other one who lives in NH.

She hasn’t been in contact with anyone who has tested positive but she works for a doctor’s office that treats cancer patients so they have been seeing patients all through this. Also both my brother and nephew are still working. NH closed all non essential businesses on 3/26. My nephew works at a restaurant so I know they are considered essential but my brother works for a gun manufacturer and I wouldn’t think that would be considered essential but apparently it is.
 
My sister-in-law is sick and was tested yesterday- we are waiting anxiously to hear. Not the sister-in-law who lives in my downstairs apartment, this is the other one who lives in NH.

She hasn’t been in contact with anyone who has tested positive but she works for a doctor’s office that treats cancer patients so they have been seeing patients all through this. Also both my brother and nephew are still working. NH closed all non essential businesses on 3/26. My nephew works at a restaurant so I know they are considered essential but my brother works for a gun manufacturer and I wouldn’t think that would be considered essential but apparently it is.
Ugh, I sure hope she tests negative for it - or, if positive, has a mild case.

It hits everyone so differently. I haven't heard anyone deviate from the original assessment that 80% of those infected have mild to moderate cases. Some people don't have any symptoms at all, which is what helps to make this Corona strain such a mutha.
 
My sister-in-law is sick and was tested yesterday- we are waiting anxiously to hear. Not the sister-in-law who lives in my downstairs apartment, this is the other one who lives in NH.

She hasn’t been in contact with anyone who has tested positive but she works for a doctor’s office that treats cancer patients so they have been seeing patients all through this. Also both my brother and nephew are still working. NH closed all non essential businesses on 3/26. My nephew works at a restaurant so I know they are considered essential but my brother works for a gun manufacturer and I wouldn’t think that would be considered essential but apparently it is.
Ugh, I sure hope she tests negative for it - or, if positive, has a mild case.

It hits everyone so differently. I haven't heard anyone deviate from the original assessment that 80% of those infected have mild to moderate cases. Some people don't have any symptoms at all, which is what helps to make this Corona strain such a mutha.

She said she is really fatigued, chills, cough and sore throat. She has very mild asthma but no other risk factors and only just turned 50 so hoping for the best. So much goes around this time of year it’s hard to tell what’s what. I always get a sore throat and sinus issues due to allergies in March/April so trying not to panic over every headache and throat tickle.
 
My sister-in-law is sick and was tested yesterday- we are waiting anxiously to hear. Not the sister-in-law who lives in my downstairs apartment, this is the other one who lives in NH.

She hasn’t been in contact with anyone who has tested positive but she works for a doctor’s office that treats cancer patients so they have been seeing patients all through this. Also both my brother and nephew are still working. NH closed all non essential businesses on 3/26. My nephew works at a restaurant so I know they are considered essential but my brother works for a gun manufacturer and I wouldn’t think that would be considered essential but apparently it is.
Fingers crossed for you.
You know you have friends here and if you need someone to “chat” to then you can send me a pm
Ok with the time zone difference it will not be a instant reply, but will reply when I can
 
Fingers crossed, Sharon. As far as your brother, I've heard that sales are up, so I suspect the build rate is going strong; that's all I will say on that subject.

We are taking things one week at a time. The rumor mill is speculating furloughs before all is said and done.
 
My sister-in-law is sick and was tested yesterday- we are waiting anxiously to hear. Not the sister-in-law who lives in my downstairs apartment, this is the other one who lives in NH.

She hasn’t been in contact with anyone who has tested positive but she works for a doctor’s office that treats cancer patients so they have been seeing patients all through this. Also both my brother and nephew are still working. NH closed all non essential businesses on 3/26. My nephew works at a restaurant so I know they are considered essential but my brother works for a gun manufacturer and I wouldn’t think that would be considered essential but apparently it is.
Ugh, I sure hope she tests negative for it - or, if positive, has a mild case.

It hits everyone so differently. I haven't heard anyone deviate from the original assessment that 80% of those infected have mild to moderate cases. Some people don't have any symptoms at all, which is what helps to make this Corona strain such a mutha.

She said she is really fatigued, chills, cough and sore throat. She has very mild asthma but no other risk factors and only just turned 50 so hoping for the best. So much goes around this time of year it’s hard to tell what’s what. I always get a sore throat and sinus issues due to allergies in March/April so trying not to panic over every headache and throat tickle.
Fingers crossed for her. I agree about the allergies fear - they were never an issue with me until about the last year or so. Pollen is flying through the air these days, and I've been reacting. No fever, no cough, just sinus-y stuff and itchy eyes - which tells me it's all pollen-related, but during a pandemic, it would be nice to not be experiencing anything.
 
Fingers crossed, Sharon. As far as your brother, I've heard that sales are up, so I suspect the build rate is going strong; that's all I will say on that subject.

We are taking things one week at a time. The rumor mill is speculating furloughs before all is said and done.
Hope that doesn't happen, but yes - one week at a time is about the best any of us can do. One of my nieces works for Disney, and was told to work from home early in March. She was fairly busy (works in the finance dept) and thought she'd be okay through this, but she ended up being furloughed last week. It's very catch-as-catch-can.
 
Sharon, hope it is nothing but normal for this time of year.
 
As far as your brother, I've heard that sales are up, so I suspect the build rate is going strong; that's all I will say on that subject.
In PA, permit applications have been through the roof.
 
Friend’s dad doing worse. No word yet. His wife (friend’s mom) tested positive.

Yesterday was the start of week 4: staying at home. Funny how in the beginning, it was a mess. It’s gotten a lot better as we’ve started to get into a groove. Daughter is getting used to it, too, although now all she wants to do is watch TV. She’s 2! :048:

Hoping things improve for your friend's Dad and his Mom. And I can't imagine trying to work from home with a 2yo.
Thanks. Just got the news, he passed away. :(

So very sorry Wade
 
My sister-in-law is sick and was tested yesterday- we are waiting anxiously to hear. Not the sister-in-law who lives in my downstairs apartment, this is the other one who lives in NH.

She hasn’t been in contact with anyone who has tested positive but she works for a doctor’s office that treats cancer patients so they have been seeing patients all through this. Also both my brother and nephew are still working. NH closed all non essential businesses on 3/26. My nephew works at a restaurant so I know they are considered essential but my brother works for a gun manufacturer and I wouldn’t think that would be considered essential but apparently it is.

Hope your sister in law doesn't test positive.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom