What's new

The Coffee House

First puzzle done.

92648324_10157394938044007_4385457012771651584_o.jpg
 
Next up:

92472950_10157394947954007_6223740592128524288_o.jpg
 
We haven't built a puzzle in eons!

I used to do them a lot when I was a kid. The last one I did was this one: https://www.amazon.com/Breakfast-Tiffanys-Movie-Jigsaw-Puzzle/dp/B0014GGDE6

And funnily enough, that was a few years ago when there was a big winter storm and we lost power for almost a week, and I was spending a lot of time at home. At least this time I have electricity (so far...knock on wood...that was not an invitation to make things worse, universe!)

I love puzzles. They engage my mind, but they require spacial skills, not the skills used in the language- and data-heavy work that I do all the time, so it still feels like a mental break. It's also visual - which, as photographers, we can all relate to. And finally, there's the tactile aspect that I really enjoy (which is another reason I still work with film...which reminds me, I have a backlog of film to develop!). It's just SO satisfying to fit those pieces in together!

And when that puzzle is done, I can either start the third one I have, or I'll more likely start on my desktop trebuchet kit. :)
 
My mom just started a puzzle last night. We were both saying that the last time we did one was the blizzard of 78!
 
Do 12-piece toddler puzzles count?
 
why not,
Best I can do is call my parents each day, sometimes I use that what’s.....app , face something so we have vid calls
 
Poor pup Oscar had yet another trip to the vet. Last month a back toenail was down to the quick and he got it cleaned up & meds. Monday a front paw toenail same thing. Same meds. Today the other front paw a toenail was hanging and bleeding. Sedated at vet and he lost the nail. More meds on top of the Monday meds. Seems he has a disease, that is common, where the nails are brittle. Poor pup is limping, hates the bandage, and hates the cone. He will be on meds for the next 3 months and an ongoing vitamin E regimen.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom