What's new

The Coffee House

At the work county, employees are allowed to carry over 60 days of annual leave; everything over that gets converted to sick leave, which has no limit. the two personal days are use or lose. When we left (retired or resigned), we were paid for 1/2 of our sick leave balance at last salary, and all of our unused annual. Now, they just get the annual. If you retire, you get service credit for unused sick (one month for 22 days of unused sick leave.) I got three months, I think, and donated the rest to a friend that was on extended sick leave.
 
Oh Leo, the memories... reminds me of working in EI for a county agency, and before that a public school district. Let's make things as convoluted as possible! lol Have I said I'm glad I'm retired?? yes, I have.

There is now another little blue robin egg in the same nest. Last night at dusk could hear that robin, then one on the other side of the house, I guess they heard each other and were chirping back and forth. The other robin did the same thing, deja vu! Will see if there's another egg or two soon.
 
Hey, we're at 4000 pages in the Coffee House. FOUR THOUSAND!!!???!!!!!!!!!!

:bouncingsmileys::clap::clap::clap::band::wav:


That's a lot of caffeine.
 
and ...
 
Outside of the pandemic situation, I’m not sure why anyone has vacation time stacked up. Use it up! Enjoy it even if you just stay home and chill.

I am told that I have...a problem ;) To be fair, I get quite a bit of vacation time and it can be hard for someone with an overdeveloped sense of responsibility to take all of it. I was going to take a week off in March, and then we had to go remote and I had to do a ton of work to move my teaching work and my counseling work online. Then it was just getting through the semester. And now it's trying to get geared up for our busy recruitment and registration time.

If we were still on campus, we'd probably have flex time and I'd be taking every Friday off to eat up some time, but I am still trying to do that anyway (it's complicated, but basically counselors have to enter vacation time for certain times when the rest of the college is closed. Flex time would normally be a half-Friday and all counselors would have to charge 4 hours to vacation time to cover the Friday afternoons when the college was closed. I would just take the whole day and charge 8 hours. We actually don't have flex time this year, but I'm going to try to take every Friday off anyway to eat up some time. Just gotta deal with one pesky meeting that is scheduled for every Friday.)

I'm also taking some time off in June - about 2 weeks - though to illustrate the problem that I have, 5 of the days is so I can do English Language AP scoring. :bek181: But I am taking some time after the scoring so I can have some real time off.

And with any luck, I'll need some more time for moving. Took tomorrow morning off to go see two properties (alone in the house, with mask and gloves on.)

My next door neighbor is selling and they had 49 scheduled showings on Saturday and Sunday! So if anyone wants to be neighbors with Princess and I and the pups, now is your chance. for the low low low low price of $589900 you can have a lovely 3b 1.5ba home with an older kitchen but a lovely backyard and awesome neighbors!

At the work county, employees are allowed to carry over 60 days of annual leave; everything over that gets converted to sick leave, which has no limit. the two personal days are use or lose. When we left (retired or resigned), we were paid for 1/2 of our sick leave balance at last salary, and all of our unused annual. Now, they just get the annual. If you retire, you get service credit for unused sick (one month for 22 days of unused sick leave.) I got three months, I think, and donated the rest to a friend that was on extended sick leave.

We do not officially get sick time but we get 7 personal days that are expected to be used instead. We used to be able to “bank” unused vacation time and get paid for it when we retired but that practice went out the window about 10 years ago. This year was my 25 year anniversary at my company. I had 4 was vacation and was supposed to get a 5th week this year but they changed the vacation policy and now at 25 years you get 6 weeks so I went from 4 wks to 6! With the pandemic I’m not sure I will use it all this year but I damn sure am going to try.
 
@limr I used to take every Monday off from July 4th to Labor Day and loved it.
 
John you just messed up the whole ding dang thing! lol It was a fleeting moment, 4000 pages and 48,000 posts at the same time (give or take an extra post by the polar bear but let's not get technical). A historic day to remember...

or, maybe not.

I think this has officially hit rock bottom in things to talk about.
 
Good morning, peeps. MLW and I have ordered some things, and they are starting to arrive.
I’m sure glad I know how to use this without the instructions.
9D2BBFD8-7BA4-4591-A7CC-61F49D447F68.webp
 
new to me lens arrived today.
My canon EFS 17 85 F 4 5.6 IS USM is full of dust. I can’t think where I got so much dust at one time as I am careful
But I do zoom in and out a lot so maybe that’s the prob.
However, I looked at getting the lens cleaned...
turns out a used replacement was less expensive
The new lens is just the same spec as the old one just no visible dust to be seen on the inside.
As this is my go to lens, I will be play...er using the new one soon.
 
Nice, Sharon, but I can't do that: we had to turn on the AC yesterday. I miss having the windows open.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom