What's new

The Coffee House

Nice, Sharon, but I can't do that: we had to turn on the AC yesterday. I miss having the windows open.

it’s a lot cooler up here. Yesterday was a perfect 72 with a gentle breeze. Spent last night assembling this thing. Princess and my sister in law put the screens on backwards so will have to fix that tonight but otherwise it’s all set. I just ordered a battery/usb ceiling fan and some fairy lights for it.



:p
 

I would be able to use this for about a minute before it got too hot for me. It's 75F today. Might be okay in the shade, but it's basically my upper limit, and it's only getting warmer. I'm much more likely to have an outdoor setup for Oct/Nov and April/maaaaybe May, and have a firepit nearby to warm it up a bit. It would be too chilly even for me in the dead of winter, and waaaaaaay too hot for me anytime past the end of May.

Also, I could only do this if I had at least a mile of space around me so I could ignore that other people exist.

I also don't care that much about being outdoors, so this is all quite hypothetical. ;)
 
Our low was 72° F our high today is 107°F . We have a similar gazebo in the backyard, we replaced the cover last weekend. Looks like the pool is going to get a workout this weekend.
 
@NancyMoranG check out neilsimmonsphotography on Instagram. He has some adorable photos of 399 and her cubs. He must have a super zoom.
 
FB_IMG_1590625254786.webp
 
Hi all, how is everyone today ?
Doing well; how are things on your end?

We're finally getting some sunshine again after several rainy, overcast days. I've discovered 2 new tomatoes coming on one of my patio container plants. I've never tried tomatoes in containers but according to the little tags, I have two varietals that will stay bushy and bear fruit. We'll see!

The baby swallows are getting bigger by the hour, it seems. Sprouting little feather tufts and giving full-throated yells when mama flies in. They're learning to hunker down and hide when I appear with my camera, but I'll try to get more pictures.
 
Dave so sorry. About now feels like I have put my big foot in my mouth.
Fingers crossed for you both
 
FujiDave, what happened? I'm not sure what you meant about two grandbabies, were they twin preemies or maybe two of multiple babies (triplets, quadruplets)? I'm sorry to hear that. That's what I used to do, working with babies & toddlers with developmental delays, preemies, etc.

And I hope you and your mom are OK.
 
FujiDave, what happened? I'm not sure what you meant about two grandbabies, were they twin preemies or maybe two of multiple babies (triplets, quadruplets)? I'm sorry to hear that. That's what I used to do, working with babies & toddlers with developmental delays, preemies, etc.

And I hope you and your mom are OK.


10 weeks early Leo died, but Sunny died because the hospital gave him the wrong pill and oxygen was switched off accidently so he died on the 8th day. Hospital have admitted they screwed up and Sunny would of survived.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom