What's new

The Coffee House

View attachment 192148

Good morning from the Tetons. This was yesterday @ 6 am. Trying to get out early for the glow on all snow covered mountains.
Today, it is currently 41 degrees at 5 am, and should get up to high 50's ...woo-hoo.

I'm jealous. I was there for just a few day two years ago. You are going to be there for a while aren't you? Do enjoy. And looking forward to seeing your pictures.
 
Hope you still get to come in Sept. This park is really spectacular!
Aren't they all... :)

Crossing my fingers for my end of September trip. So many variables at this point that there’s no way to know for sure. Getting there will be the biggest challenge. Who knows of my original flights will even still be on the airline’s schedule.
 
20200521_201437.webp

I have the best reception in early a.m. for posting.
This bear with 4 Cubs is driving everyone crazy for photos!
She has caused 1 mile backup and everyone that was in the park the other day, I swear was here!!
 
Hey hosers.

Just saying hey. It's Tuesday and all I know is that I think I need more than a 3-day weekend.
 
Hey hosers.

Just saying hey. It's Tuesday and all I know is that I think I need more than a 3-day weekend.

Hey. Not rubbin' it in or anything, but guess who has a 5 day weekend?:barbershop_quartet_member:

:345:

Though I can't be too envious because I have a ton of vacation time that I have to take before Sept or else I lose all of it except the 2 weeks that I can roll over (it then starts accumulating from there.)

I will be taking some time at the end of June, and will be trying to give myself regular 3-day weekends.
 
My husband has been a walking calamity. He banged up his toe, burned his hand on the power washer, and got stung by a bee. This happened over the last week. I told him to stay off ladders.
 
There is a new phrase for people like your hubby
Don’t do that! We are NOT going to A&E
 
View attachment 192152


I have the best reception in early a.m. for posting.
This bear with 4 Cubs is driving everyone crazy for photos!
She has caused 1 mile backup and everyone that was in the park the other day, I swear was here!!

Oh! Is that bear #399 that I have been seeing on Instagram and Facebook all week? Those cubs are so sweet.

Hey hosers.

Just saying hey. It's Tuesday and all I know is that I think I need more than a 3-day weekend.

Hey. Not rubbin' it in or anything, but guess who has a 5 day weekend?:barbershop_quartet_member:

:345:

Though I can't be too envious because I have a ton of vacation time that I have to take before Sept or else I lose all of it except the 2 weeks that I can roll over (it then starts accumulating from there.)

I will be taking some time at the end of June, and will be trying to give myself regular 3-day weekends.

We can usually carry over 150% before we stop accumulating more but that has been pushed to 200% due to the pandemic. I never carry over more than 2 days that I hold for emergencies and use for Princess's birthday in January and a post holidays mental health Spa day for myself. This may be the first year ever that I carry over more than 2 days... Outside of the pandemic situation, I’m not sure why anyone has vacation time stacked up. Use it up! Enjoy it even if you just stay home and chill.

My husband has been a walking calamity. He banged up his toe, burned his hand on the power washer, and got stung by a bee. This happened over the last week. I told him to stay off ladders.

Yikes! No power tools or biking for him.
 
Outside of the pandemic situation, I’m not sure why anyone has vacation time stacked up. Use it up! Enjoy it even if you just stay home and chill.

I am told that I have...a problem ;) To be fair, I get quite a bit of vacation time and it can be hard for someone with an overdeveloped sense of responsibility to take all of it. I was going to take a week off in March, and then we had to go remote and I had to do a ton of work to move my teaching work and my counseling work online. Then it was just getting through the semester. And now it's trying to get geared up for our busy recruitment and registration time.

If we were still on campus, we'd probably have flex time and I'd be taking every Friday off to eat up some time, but I am still trying to do that anyway (it's complicated, but basically counselors have to enter vacation time for certain times when the rest of the college is closed. Flex time would normally be a half-Friday and all counselors would have to charge 4 hours to vacation time to cover the Friday afternoons when the college was closed. I would just take the whole day and charge 8 hours. We actually don't have flex time this year, but I'm going to try to take every Friday off anyway to eat up some time. Just gotta deal with one pesky meeting that is scheduled for every Friday.)

I'm also taking some time off in June - about 2 weeks - though to illustrate the problem that I have, 5 of the days is so I can do English Language AP scoring. :bek181: But I am taking some time after the scoring so I can have some real time off.

And with any luck, I'll need some more time for moving. Took tomorrow morning off to go see two properties (alone in the house, with mask and gloves on.)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom