What's new

The Coffee House

I pay about 3x as much as my cousin who lives in the next town over.
Sink a well in your back yard?

Over the years our FD filled a lot of pools. Our local water district is on the high side as well, for less then half the cost of "running a hose", we'd bring the tanker out. Funny thing was we filled up the tanker at the fire hydrant (which was on the water district), and being a FD we aren't charged for water. They've complained about it off and on, but no one was brave enough to try and stop it.

The past few years it’s been the same person who does the delivery and he is a retired firefighter.
 
Dave, kind of jealous of your new bike. Been thinking about getting one. I miss riding.
 
Hmm, call in a fire that is occurring in your empty pool ... instant fill?

But don't forget the "donation" we only get about 40% of our operating cost from tax dollars. The rest comes from grants and a lot of fundraisers.
 
Morning Hosers! I’m off to plant some petunias out front then going to put the house back together - with all my cleaning and painting projects last week things are a bit out of place. We may grill some burgers later. And of course a visit to the cemetery is on for this afternoon as it’s Memorial Day here in the US. I may have to skip my annual Band of Brothers Memorial Day weekend marathon this year since I haven’t started it yet!
 
Good morning Sharon. Today I'll work on the watercolor, and do some more stripping / sanding on the plant cart. I may do some "window" shopping for a long lens; hoping to get something at the end of the year.
 
Morning, hosers! A good Memorial Day to those of us in the USA.

I'm trying to finish up something I started for @snowbear 's May Themed Art Challenge.

We're planning to grill out later, but rain might put a damper on that.
 
Hi all hope you are all safe and well
Here it’s 11..04 pm so have a good day chat again later
EDIT 03.30
unable to sleep I decided to take part in this weeks DOF Challenge
Going back to bed now its done... Night all
 
Last edited:
My fav go to lens is going to have to go
Canon EFS 17 85 5.6 is
There is now so much dust inside that’s I can see it on the images and by looking through the lens
Sadly the cost of service is more than twice the cost of a used replacement from a trusted camera shop
 
image.webp

Good morning from the Tetons. This was yesterday @ 6 am. Trying to get out early for the glow on all snow covered mountains.
Today, it is currently 41 degrees at 5 am, and should get up to high 50's ...woo-hoo.
 
View attachment 192148

Good morning from the Tetons. This was yesterday @ 6 am. Trying to get out early for the glow on all snow covered mountains.
Today, it is currently 41 degrees at 5 am, and should get up to high 50's ...woo-hoo.

Beautiful!
 
@NancyMoranG Friends of mine were supposed to have been in Yellowstone these past 2 weeks, but because of the pandemic, they had to cancel the trip until this fall. When I forwarded your previous post about the snowfall and closing of the south gate, they told me they would have been leaving the day it snowed there.
Your pic is absolutely beautiful. I imagine it was actually nice for you to have the area with a minimum of tourists to get in your way? Keep sharing please!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom