What's new

The Coffee House

20200526_113655.webp

Some Wild Life at Grand Teton...just a small section of them. We had to keep moving thru per officers..
 
Work County starts to open up on Monday, however it looks like I'm going to continue teleworking for three or four days per week. The only real reason we need to physically be in the office is to handle the printed maps, and most of our products are going online. They can actually be farmed out to the County print shop or to one of the various stores that handle large scale printing; the only "downside" being the agencies will have to pay for them, where we were not charging. My boss is all for the telework - feels he could do his job just a s easy in North Caroline beside a mountain lake (I'm opting for near Moosehead lake or Casco Bay).

So, since telecommuting is still a policy, I've been rethinking my work space. The stool I use with the drawing table is really starting to give me fits at night; I have neuropathy (a side effect of the diabetes) and I've been having trouble falling asleep. So after discussing things with SWMBO, AKA MLW*, I'm going to be ordering a desk, next week. The stool will adjust down, so I can get a chair later (those have to be tried out first). The drawing table and a paper cabinet (made by MLW's uncle) will go into storage.

I found out that one of the neices' son has tested positive for COVID19, so now they are all on quarantine.

* She Who Must Be Obeyed, Also Known As My Lovely Wife.
 
Work County starts to open up on Monday, however it looks like I'm going to continue teleworking for three or four days per week. The only real reason we need to physically be in the office is to handle the printed maps, and most of our products are going online. They can actually be farmed out to the County print shop or to one of the various stores that handle large scale printing; the only "downside" being the agencies will have to pay for them, where we were not charging. My boss is all for the telework - feels he could do his job just a s easy in North Caroline beside a mountain lake (I'm opting for near Moosehead lake or Casco Bay).

So, since telecommuting is still a policy, I've been rethinking my work space. The stool I use with the drawing table is really starting to give me fits at night; I have neuropathy (a side effect of the diabetes) and I've been having trouble falling asleep. So after discussing things with SWMBO, AKA MLW*, I'm going to be ordering a desk, next week. The stool will adjust down, so I can get a chair later (those have to be tried out first). The drawing table and a paper cabinet (made by MLW's uncle) will go into storage.

I found out that one of the neices' son has tested positive for COVID19, so now they are all on quarantine.

* She Who Must Be Obeyed, Also Known As My Lovely Wife.
Ugh, I'm sorry to hear about your family members, Charlie. Hopefully no one gets seriously ill and the quarantine can be lifted routinely.

Glad you're getting a real desk to work at. I agree, you should think of getting a real chair, too. I have chronic back issues and tend to work standing at my drafting table for the most part. But a desk chair with good lumbar support is right behind me. Stools provide zero back support and should be a major no-go for anyone working at a desk. I'd put more money into a good chair before a desk, which only has to be strong enough to hold your (many) computers. :)
 
Thanks, Terri. It really isn't a stool, but a chair without arms. It will do until I can find a chair I like. I was looking at (much) lower cost items, but MLW said no way.

Neph is about 13 with no underlying health issues; he should be fine. We're just waiting the next couple of weeks, and see how things work out.
 
Hi all it’s 11.25 bst and I am off to bed soon
I have been trying to help a new member Marvin 123 photos turn dark when external flash Is on
I am old school 100 iso f8 1/200 sec and an external flash meter is my starting point
I know nothing about e TIL if someone can pick up the torch and solve the problem
Thanks all and night from me
 
Hosers, we were on the second page. Not cool, man. Not cool.

It's soooooo Monday today.
 
Morning all, I am doing my bit to keep this off the second page lol
Well just had our replacement wheely bin arrive, some kind person took ours last week
I have to pay for the cost of a replacement.
Sat making a stencil so that I can put our address on the bins.
Sad that it has come to this, almost having to lock up the rubbish bins.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom