What's new

The Coffee House

Morning all, I am doing my bit to keep this off the second page lol
Well just had our replacement wheely bin arrive, some kind person took ours last week
I have to pay for the cost of a replacement.
Sat making a stencil so that I can put our address on the bins.
Sad that it has come to this, almost having to lock up the rubbish bins.

OK, we have to lock up rubbish bins here, but because of 4-legged thieves : bears!
 
. We don’t have to worry about bears,
Kids/youths who should know better, are more of a problem lol
Dave nice B&W hope your model got a reward
 
OK, we have to lock up rubbish bins here, but because of 4-legged thieves : bears!

member_12214436.webp
 
Morning all, cooler here today maybe even some rain
Like the sign, think I will order one for next year
If I put something like that up in our estate road maybe it will be more effective than the parking restrictions at stopping day trippers from parking in our estate
Wonder if they will make me a version with the wording below

Do not park here,
Fine for illegal parking
Being Eaten
 
Last edited:
And, we have liftoff!

Well, sorta. :lol: Once they're out of the nest and flapping those wings, within a day or two, they're aloft. These two on the ledge were likely born on the same day, with the other three close behind. They all have plumage and are constantly grooming, stretching those wings, and acting generally very restless.

2020-06-03 14.29.58.webp
 
Quick explanation of the new profile pic - it's my daughter's hospital photo. We have another "normal" photo (sans birdie) and I had thought the paper copy I had of this one was lost but I came across it this week and it is too funny not to share.
 
Hi all, just come in for a drink and a snack
We have been planting the flowers and shrubs we bought yesterday
I sat we have been planting.
Mrs says where and what to plant and i do the digging
Our Tinker who has been here before has decided he just has to help
I have told him the digging part comes before I have put the plant in the ground
 
This girl loves to “garden”. In fact she did some gardening today when we went to a friend’s house for a socially distant doggie play date. Yes, we helped clean up before we left!

53631D32-58A5-4A95-B233-0D62ED2AF35B.webp
CEE8FCFA-3C0D-4169-BD8A-2105C098858A.webp
 
It's like it's 1989... finally finished listening to the 97X Future of Rock n' Roll's Modern Rock 500 from 2009, the last year they were on the air. So had decided to go back to the first year and see how long it takes me to listen to another Memorial Day weekend's worth of music!

Leo, guess what the first song was! yes, The Smiths. Off to a great start. *

Good rainy day, with the cable still out, to pretend it's 1989 except - with a computer, and internet! And I'm doing online stuff on needlework etc. and gotta get it together and get something done. I'm not used to, ya know, actually having to do something! on a deadline, and - homework! and I'm already behind!! lol

Going to the eye Dr. wore me out. I go in for one thing and next day my shoulder and hip ache from too long in those Frankenstein labor-a-tory chairs, and I didn't get up til like 11:30 and still could take a nap! lol

*1989 so far was a very good year.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom