What's new

The Coffee House

I found the cup I need to get me through the day.

F59CE8A6-EFB9-446D-BFC0-5C89C6D4DC59.webp
 
TGIF hosers! Big big big plans this weekend.

pjs - check
cocktails - check
netflix - check
take out - check
indoor photo project - check
watercolor tutorials - check

And next week I'm working only 1/2 day on Monday and then full day on Tuesday. After that I am off for a 5 day weekend of

pjs - check
cocktails - check
netflix - check
turkey - check
indoor photo project - check
watercolor tutorials - check
 
2 episodes of Queen’s Gambit and I’m hooked.
 
83214AB2-0D78-4C2B-BE61-648C9B12B786.webp
Aw mum dad, please turn out the lights. I am trying to sleep here
The project, well I have cleared space to get to the camera kit
 
Y’all, I’m sick for a couple of days, come back, and I see things blowing up, threads locked, and cats galore.

What did I miss?!

Unrelated, my brother-in-law is an ER/ICU nurse and he got COVID. Thankfully he hasn’t experienced any complications so far, but he’s been out of commission since early last week with bad cough and difficulty breathing.
 
Y’all, I’m sick for a couple of days, come back, and I see things blowing up, threads locked, and cats galore.

What did I miss?!

Unrelated, my brother-in-law is an ER/ICU nurse and he got COVID. Thankfully he hasn’t experienced any complications so far, but he’s been out of commission since early last week with bad cough and difficulty breathing.
Good lord - another of our wonderful first responders coming down with this. :heartpump: I hope it doesn't get any worse beyond this, and he kicks it to the curb quickly!
 
Well, hosers - today turned out to be the day that we said goodbye to little Rose and Sage. I think I mentioned early on that there was an iron in the fire, someone in the wings who might be willing to adopt the kitties for a forever home - but it didn't seem likely and we never pushed it. The were so sick for most of the time we had them, and hadn't even had their feline leukemia/HIV testing yet. They have improved SO much, and yesterday we took them back to the vet for these tests. I was ready to pass out from worry, thinking how cruel the universe would be if they had gone through so much already, just to ultimately test positive for something with no cure. BUT - they were negative. :icon_cheers: The vet was impressed with them, and said, "They look like completely different animals."

It was the vet who told us that the person who might be interested in adopting the kittens was actually our former vet, who had retired and sold him the practice. She is semi-retired, actually, and comes to work there periodically and had mentioned she was looking for kitties recently. So yesterday, after we got the all clear, he took a couple of pictures and texted them to her. We barely got in the door yesterday before my phone was blowing up, and it was the clinic, saying she was definitely ready to take them, and could we bring them in today?

So hosers - that's what we did. The girls are now with their forever mom, a veterinarian, where they will be raised together, and never lack for anything. We have been all over the place with emotions and wanting to do right by them. Four cats in our current house isn't ideal for a myriad of reasons, and this seemed too perfect to pass on. We came home and cleaned up everything in the bathroom, and sniffled the whole time. :lol:

Here are my last few photos of them. I miss them already!

Sage in the tunnel, one of their favorite places:

In the tunnel.webp


Sleepy Rose:

Rose.webp



Sage hiding behind a box:

Sage by the box.webp



Ferocious beasts!

Ferocious beasts.webp


Can't quite believe they're gone, really. But I know they're going to have a wonderful healthy life. *sniffle*
 
One of the reason's I couldn't foster - I'd want to keep them. At least it's a good home. And besides, you don't want to be the crazy cat lady.
 
I miss them too! You guys are angels for saving them and even more so for giving them up when it was the right thing to do.
 
And besides, you don't want to be the crazy cat lady.
How cute you are. Like, in a so-wrong kind of way.

Soon. Just not this time. :1247:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom