What's new

The Coffee House

I miss them too! You guys are angels for saving them and even more so for giving them up when it was the right thing to do.
Thanks. :) It was going to be her, or no one - I figured the odds were that we'd be keeping them. I'm fairly zen about it.
 
I miss them too! You guys are angels for saving them and even more so for giving them up when it was the right thing to do.
Thanks. :) It was going to be her, or no one - I figured the odds were that we'd be keeping them. I'm fairly zen about it.

If they can't be with you, it at least sounds like they have found what sounds like the next best thing. And they never would have had the chance without you and your husband! I'll miss their sweet little faces. Tell her to start an Instagram and flood it with pictures that we can all see :)
 
Thanksgiving at oldest son's house this year. Obeying two out of three shouldn't be hard :biglaugh:
127222827_10224841620774689_4015325379672774611_o.webp
 
If you obey that last one the other two will follow.
 
If you obey that last one the other two will follow.

I'm sort of bummed, I've been practicing a collections of classic songs of Thanksgiving to perform a solo for the family, guess that's out.............LOL The limit on the alcohol would have to be pretty high to get enough for me to start singing!!!! Now if the moonshine comes out all bets are off, that blue lighting in a jar, will make you do all kinds of crazy things.

I learn something new everyday though, seems COVID can apparently be transmitted by music, the higher the volume the more the risk??????
 
If you obey that last one the other two will follow.

I'm sort of bummed, I've been practicing a collections of classic songs of Thanksgiving to perform a solo for the family, guess that's out.............LOL The limit on the alcohol would have to be pretty high to get enough for me to start singing!!!! Now if the moonshine comes out all bets are off, that blue lighting in a jar, will make you do all kinds of crazy things.

I learn something new everyday though, seems COVID can apparently be transmitted by music, the higher the volume the more the risk??????

The louder the music the more people will speak loudly to be heard which, like singing, transmits a lot more of the virus than normal conversation.
 
I’m on the naughty list then as I have just started my first beer since med October
 
If you obey that last one the other two will follow.

I'm sort of bummed, I've been practicing a collections of classic songs of Thanksgiving to perform a solo for the family, guess that's out.............LOL The limit on the alcohol would have to be pretty high to get enough for me to start singing!!!! Now if the moonshine comes out all bets are off, that blue lighting in a jar, will make you do all kinds of crazy things.

I learn something new everyday though, seems COVID can apparently be transmitted by music, the higher the volume the more the risk??????

The louder the music the more people will speak loudly to be heard which, like singing, transmits a lot more of the virus than normal conversation.

Right. It's not the sound but the fact that air and droplets are coming out of your mouth at a higher volume and velocity, which means more potential virus in the air for others to breathe in.
 
I have nurses come in to help look after Mrs. Each morning. Today I found out that they need a time gap between when I take off/stop using my sleep apnoea mask /machine and when they visit
It’s for much the same reasons as above, the droplets in the air. If I am late getting up I have to call and let them know so they can delay their visit
 
I'm already turkeyed out - we had a dress rehearsal of the brining/injecting/frying this past weekend, and now we get to do it all over. I think I'll stick to the sausage & pepper quesadillas, and the cranberries; I love cranberries.
 
If you obey that last one the other two will follow.

I'm sort of bummed, I've been practicing a collections of classic songs of Thanksgiving to perform a solo for the family, guess that's out.............LOL The limit on the alcohol would have to be pretty high to get enough for me to start singing!!!! Now if the moonshine comes out all bets are off, that blue lighting in a jar, will make you do all kinds of crazy things.

I learn something new everyday though, seems COVID can apparently be transmitted by music, the higher the volume the more the risk??????

The louder the music the more people will speak loudly to be heard which, like singing, transmits a lot more of the virus than normal conversation.

Right. It's not the sound but the fact that air and droplets are coming out of your mouth at a higher volume and velocity, which means more potential virus in the air for others to breathe in.

Except in my case. If I sing, every one and every thing will hyper-speed away to escape the sound.
 
If you obey that last one the other two will follow.

I'm sort of bummed, I've been practicing a collections of classic songs of Thanksgiving to perform a solo for the family, guess that's out.............LOL The limit on the alcohol would have to be pretty high to get enough for me to start singing!!!! Now if the moonshine comes out all bets are off, that blue lighting in a jar, will make you do all kinds of crazy things.

I learn something new everyday though, seems COVID can apparently be transmitted by music, the higher the volume the more the risk??????

The louder the music the more people will speak loudly to be heard which, like singing, transmits a lot more of the virus than normal conversation.

Right. It's not the sound but the fact that air and droplets are coming out of your mouth at a higher volume and velocity, which means more potential virus in the air for others to breathe in.

Except in my case. If I sing, every one and every thing will hyper-speed away to escape the sound.

I only sing to the girls. Certain songs make Mrs.Parker suddenly run over to me to yowl and violently lick my head. Zelda just stares at me, all "What fresh hell is this?"
 
If you obey that last one the other two will follow.

I'm sort of bummed, I've been practicing a collections of classic songs of Thanksgiving to perform a solo for the family, guess that's out.............LOL The limit on the alcohol would have to be pretty high to get enough for me to start singing!!!! Now if the moonshine comes out all bets are off, that blue lighting in a jar, will make you do all kinds of crazy things.

I learn something new everyday though, seems COVID can apparently be transmitted by music, the higher the volume the more the risk??????

The louder the music the more people will speak loudly to be heard which, like singing, transmits a lot more of the virus than normal conversation.

You've never been to one of our family gatherings. The normal decibel level is somewhere between dueling air wrenches and squadron of jets taking off. Four adults, 6 grands ranging in age from 3-20 and, four dogs, I don't think we have to worry about it affecting how we talk :biggrin:
 
Had to cancel ours, son in law exposed last week and in quarantine and with 2 other family members imuno-compromised, made no sense to have it.
 
@Rickbb that's tough. DW is a cancer patient (incurable) with compromised immune system, and I'm a cancer survivor in my second year cancer free. We follow the protocols as much as possible, as do the kids, but we know its always a roll of the dice. The flip side is our age and health problems means we never know if there will be a next year. So we roll the dice and pray.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom