What's new

The Coffee House

This one is for both @terri and @limr

29304B8F-23A2-400A-9616-AECEE8B59209.webp
 
Maine trip over (some details posted in COVID thread). To make a long (12 hour) story short, I ended up with a big 20-22 foot box van instead of the 12 footer we wanted. Sort of witnessed a fight between a pickup and a tree (the tree won), and drove the 600-odd miles with only three stops leaving the truck, and a few to text MLW. I'll unload the beast and return it to the local shop, and rest the ankle (sore from driving) and self quarantine for two weeks.

IMG_0314.webp
 
Maine trip over (some details posted in COVID thread). To make a long (12 hour) story short, I ended up with a big 20-22 foot box van instead of the 12 footer we wanted. Sort of witnessed a fight between a pickup and a tree (the tree won), and drove the 600-odd miles with only three stops leaving the truck, and a few to text MLW. I'll unload the beast and return it to the local shop, and rest the ankle (sore from driving) and self quarantine for two weeks.

View attachment 200296
Glad you made it back safely! It's hard to get those smaller trucks, they stay in demand. Sounds like a robo-drive, all those miles with so few stops.
 
Salvadoran take on fajitas & tacos, tonight.
:D
 
A kitty update...they were doing pretty well, and then came the diagnosis of a parasitic infection. Rose got through it all right, but it really kicked little Sage's butt. We had to run her back to the vet this week and check her out. She was - surprisingly - given the all clear, and they are now both off the antibiotics. Her turnaround since Monday has been remarkable! Within half a day, she went from napping a lot and rather listless play to bouncing off the walls.

Now, she and her sister Rose are officially doing much, much better. I'm so relieved. These little kitties were much sicker than we thought initially. The vet still wants them back in 2 weeks and do the usual testing for feline leukemia, though he says there's not really a lot of that around here. But because we don't know where they came from, and we may still be giving them away, they have to have the final all clear. If we could guess the test results based on energy, appetite and playfulness, I'd say they already passed. :lol:

Some pics from the last few days. These first few were taken right after I walked into our closet, where we've got the litter and bed set up, and was met by a wild party the likes of which you've never seen: litter flung everywhere, clothes torn down from hangers, clothes hamper upended - they had a fine time celebrating their new-found energy. After we cleaned everything up, I got down on the floor with them and they pounced.

These were taken in a dark closet, and are blurry, but I was laughing so much it didn't matter.

Being attacked by Sage:

View attachment 200164


And then being attacked by Rose:

View attachment 200165



Finally deciding to settle down and cuddle (Rose is the ginger in the front, Sage in the back), so I could get a better picture. Note that third eyelid is still showing, but has receded a bit:

View attachment 200168


And another nap later in the day:

View attachment 200170


They're sweet when they're sleeping. Been a roller coaster last couple of weeks, and I'm about toast! :icon_crazy:

Glad the kitties are recovering. They hit the jackpot with you as cat mom :)
 
Just attended a Zoom meeting on paying for college. Sigh.
 
Morning! Is it really only Tuesday?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom