What's new

The Coffee House

Whoops
I planned to use some backgrounds and have a play
I bought the backgrounds over a year ago never unpacked them
I thought I had black, white, grey
But on unpacking I have grey and 2 black
Oh well, sort out kit tonight play tomorrow
 
Happy Friday, hosers! :icon_sunny:

Anyone doing anything special this weekend? I have a family zoom call in honor of my mom's birthday on Sunday.

And extra laundry. Not much else. :1247:

Who can beat that?
I’m really, really ordering my new eyeglasses (leaving in a few minutes, actually). We’re also taking the Honda in for service.

And shoot and/or draw something.
 
It's currently 16 degrees and I'm trying to talk myself out of an attempt at frozen soap bubbles...
 
They are calling for snow, here, Sunday / Monday
 
Morning
Wet and cold here
Time to turn on the fire and get my act together and try to do some photography
 
It’s taken me ages to get set up, trying to sort the flash
I could not get constant reading with my electric flash meter so I went old school with an old film flash meter
Here is my set up
 

Attachments

  • 4F58C9FA-9463-44AB-B2C9-2E27DF8CA134.webp
    4F58C9FA-9463-44AB-B2C9-2E27DF8CA134.webp
    471.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 6754B76C-A534-4738-81EF-F68AC49BE395.webp
    6754B76C-A534-4738-81EF-F68AC49BE395.webp
    528.9 KB · Views: 40
It’s taken me ages to get set up, trying to sort the flash
I could not get constant reading with my electric flash meter so I went old school with an old film flash meter
Here is my set up
That looks pretty good; looking forward to the result.

Sorry for your loss, mate.
 
Some results from the morning play. I have to say the models were very well behaved
Iso 100, F 5.6 on manual
Twin flash on manual with white brolly one shot through other one as reflection
Adjusting the power output as needed on review of the image as shot
Some post processing ,
Enjoy this is a first for me so CC is welcomed
5355482F-B998-40CE-B259-B41F57492329.webp
D74D38F2-6159-49A9-8B78-106F34E9EA5B.webp
71C2F688-D2F4-4BA5-86B1-79FA89636A94.webp
5997B857-E12C-4647-B531-32ECF58D8EAF.webp
313B2CF0-49DD-4CB6-B602-B8E984AAF99E.webp
 
I think the lighting is pretty good; you could also go with auto ISO. I think I would have gone a little wider on the last two.
 
I see what you mean on the last two they are bit cramped
Q. Why auto iso
 
Cute. You should branch out and post them in the Just For Fun gallery as the Coffee House thread has a pretty small audience compared to TPF overall.
 
I see what you mean on the last two they are bit cramped
Q. Why auto iso
It will adjust to match your other settings and the light. If the light is a little low, it will automatically up the ISO.
 
Changes: Snow will begin tonight and continue tomorrow. Should end up as sleet/freezing rain.

Since I have all the W2s and 1099-somethings, I'm starting the income tax returns.

New glasses were a no go. The "kid" who wrote the prescription didn't write it for bifocals, so either anything further than arms length, or closer than arms length would be OOF.
Jammin' prime instead of the zoom I need. :biglaugh:

I'll have to call the office on Monday.

Anyway, this is what I've picked out - brown over blue (somewhat transparent); blue matches my eyes and the brown matches what my hair used to be.

IMG_1564.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom