What's new

The Coffee House

just stopped by to say that the lady with the car ruined my zumba! I couldn't zumba tonight!! my leg,hip and arm hurt.
ok bye tommorow I'll type,can't type now,having troubles with phone again
 
But I like the idea of a Coffee House Thanksgiving Support Group :)

Yeah, we could be like the "Breaking Crockery Thanksgiving Emergency Save My Damn Meal Hotline".

(ring-ring) BCTESMDMH, how can I hep you?

(caller) "I've made a terrible mistake."

(hotline) "Speak to me."

c. "I've placed the forks on the left at ALL the place settings!"

h. "There's only one thing to do; move the place cards so that all of the guests are sitting between two place settings. That way, they will think the problem was theirs, not yours."

c. "Oh, how can I ever than you for such wonderful advice?"

h. "Never mind that now. You've got dinner guests."

(click)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #483
just stopped by to say that the lady with the car ruined my zumba! I couldn't zumba tonight!! my leg,hip and arm hurt.
ok bye tommorow I'll type,can't type now,having troubles with phone again

Talk to you tomorrow. I'm glad it isn't too serious - it could always have been worse.
 
Thanksgiving, you say? Here's a picture of one of our "typical" Thanksgiving celebrations, usually held at my cousin's farm:

74213_4947323930804_1593450842_n.webp


Just shy of 50 people, I think, but not everyone was still there when we took the picture. I think we had a total of 56 that year.
More than half are family by blood, the rest of family by choice. This particular year, we had Americans, Mexicans, Brazilians, Ethiopians, Palestinians and maybe a couple of nationalities I've forgotten about.

Each family brings a dish to share; many of the internationals bring dishes traditional to their homeland. My cousins usually provide the meat, drinks, etc.

We do also usually do a Thanksgiving Redux on the following Saturday that is a MUCH smaller affair--but that was something my sister-in-law was always in charge of and while we have DONE it in the two years since she passed away, we've struggled with it and I'm not sure whether we'll do it again this year or not.
 
just stopped by to say that the lady with the car ruined my zumba! I couldn't zumba tonight!! my leg,hip and arm hurt.
ok bye tommorow I'll type,can't type now,having troubles with phone again
Marija, take care of yourself. All of us CRAZIES are worried about you.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #487
Nice crowd! Y'all could have a decent game of touch football. And you are the one with the window growing out of your head?
 
But I like the idea of a Coffee House Thanksgiving Support Group :)

Yeah, we could be like the "Breaking Crockery Thanksgiving Emergency Save My Damn Meal Hotline".

(ring-ring) BCTESMDMH, how can I hep you?

(caller) "I've made a terrible mistake."

(hotline) "Speak to me."

c. "I've placed the forks on the left at ALL the place settings!"

h. "There's only one thing to do; move the place cards so that all of the guests are sitting between two place settings. That way, they will think the problem was theirs, not yours."

c. "Oh, how can I ever than you for such wonderful advice?"

h. "Never mind that now. You've got dinner guests."

(click)
I believe forks are to be placed on the left side ... in order of use.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #489
But I like the idea of a Coffee House Thanksgiving Support Group :)

Yeah, we could be like the "Breaking Crockery Thanksgiving Emergency Save My Damn Meal Hotline".

(ring-ring) BCTESMDMH, how can I hep you?

(caller) "I've made a terrible mistake."

(hotline) "Speak to me."

c. "I've placed the forks on the left at ALL the place settings!"

h. "There's only one thing to do; move the place cards so that all of the guests are sitting between two place settings. That way, they will think the problem was theirs, not yours."

c. "Oh, how can I ever than you for such wonderful advice?"

h. "Never mind that now. You've got dinner guests."

(click)
I believe forks are to be placed on the left side ... in order of use.

That depends; if you're really hungry, the forks might be considered optional.
 
Nice crowd! Y'all could have a decent game of touch football. And you are the one with the window growing out of your head?

That's me! And my two boys are both in the very back: my youngest is just to the left of the guy with the sunglasses next to me (who is a nephew…kinda…cousin's son really), and my oldest is the guy with the brownish/reddish beard over to the left, just behind the bearded guy in the blue shirt.
 
I'm at Kaiser Permanente Hospital right now. Mary Lou is have a procedure performed and I'm the designated driver. They don't want her to operate heavy machinery.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #493
OK. I had your youngest picked out correctly. Now, is your sister at far left or in front, right?

I'm waiting for a script to finish logging database fields so I;ve got some time on my hands - can you tell?
 
OK. I had your youngest picked out correctly. Now, is your sister at far left or in front, right?

I'm waiting for a script to finish logging database fields so I;ve got some time on my hands - can you tell?

My sister is front right; that's my niece back there in the left corner.

And now, the photos are transferred and it's time for me to get to work!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #495
I'm at Kaiser Permanente Hospital right now. Mary Lou is have a procedure performed and I'm the designated driver. They don't want her to operate heavy machinery.

"The Surgeon General has determined that attempting to get pregnant while operating heavy machinery can be hazardous to your health."
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom