What's new

The Coffee House

There is usually a large family gathering at my sisters house, one of the ones who lives local. But this year everyone is going to visit another sister in Maine, she lost her husband a few months ago so they are going to spend the holiday with her.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #467
I know what you mean. MIL is having some heath issues so we (lovely wife and her sisters, Lazy Lobster) have been doing the cooking.

I think we'll all have to grab a few Coffee House moments the night before (and afterwards). We can be our own support group.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #468
There is usually a large family gathering at my sisters house, one of the ones who lives local. But this year everyone is going to visit another sister in Maine, she lost her husband a few months ago so they are going to spend the holiday with her.

That sounds nice.
 
Does Thanksgiving stress anyone else out? Or is it just me?

For me, Thanksgiving is probably the most relaxing of the major holidays. I usually help my son do the cooking, his wife makes the deserts, my wife does the decorating and corrals the children.
 
Got milk? BRI_7013_3853.webp
 
thanksgiving. one of only two times a year I usually get together with my siblings. look forward to it.
 
I know what you mean. MIL is having some heath issues so we (lovely wife and her sisters, Lazy Lobster) have been doing the cooking.

I think we'll all have to grab a few Coffee House moments the night before (and afterwards). We can be our own support group.

I actually don't find it that stressful to do the cooking. It's not an easy task, but the thought of just being in the kitchen cooking is actually quite soothing to me. When I threw myself a 40th birthday party, I actually did all the food myself. I spent two solid days cooking.

But I like the idea of a Coffee House Thanksgiving Support Group :)

I'll also be reviving a tradition I created for myself when I started going to Buzz's house for the holiday. They always have Pillsbury Grand biscuits. Always. And I adore buttermilk biscuits. When I was losing weight a few years ago, I was determined to control my eating during the holidays without getting too stressed out by counting every bite of food I took. And I knew I wanted that biscuit. So I figured I could just exercise extra that morning, and I went running.

Ever since then, I've done a "Run for the Biscuit!" jog on Thanksgiving morning. The past 2 years, I think, I didn't go, though. Lots of reasons, none of them having anything to do with lack of opportunity. This year, I am going to start it up again. It might be tricky because I haven't gone running in a very long time, and I've had a few weird things going on with my right foot, but I don't care - this year I'm running for that damn biscuit so I can enjoy it in peace! :D
 
I know what you mean. MIL is having some heath issues so we (lovely wife and her sisters, Lazy Lobster) have been doing the cooking.

I think we'll all have to grab a few Coffee House moments the night before (and afterwards). We can be our own support group.

I actually don't find it that stressful to do the cooking. It's not an easy task, but the thought of just being in the kitchen cooking is actually quite soothing to me. When I threw myself a 40th birthday party, I actually did all the food myself. I spent two solid days cooking.

But I like the idea of a Coffee House Thanksgiving Support Group :)

I'll also be reviving a tradition I created for myself when I started going to Buzz's house for the holiday. They always have Pillsbury Grand biscuits. Always. And I adore buttermilk biscuits. When I was losing weight a few years ago, I was determined to control my eating during the holidays without getting too stressed out by counting every bite of food I took. And I knew I wanted that biscuit. So I figured I could just exercise extra that morning, and I went running.

Ever since then, I've done a "Run for the Biscuit!" jog on Thanksgiving morning. The past 2 years, I think, I didn't go, though. Lots of reasons, none of them having anything to do with lack of opportunity. This year, I am going to start it up again. It might be tricky because I haven't gone running in a very long time, and I've had a few weird things going on with my right foot, but I don't care - this year I'm running for that damn biscuit so I can enjoy it in peace! :D
you are older than me? no way!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #479
you are older than me? no way![/QUOTE]

Way! :laugh2:

Not by all that much, though. I'm 43.[/QUOTE]
four big years.....[/QUOTE]

Now say it, "But you look way younger than 43!" :boogie:
72512-85137521779950cf4bb1ed3da913e352.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:pumpformylove::pumpformylove::pumpformylove::586::586::586::586::586::586::pumpformylove::pumpformylove::pumpformylove:
 
Leo, you should get one of those exercise monitoring baclettes. They are super motivational devices.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom