What's new

The Coffee House

Hey Bill!

Bob really does look happy and surprised. That's the reaction you want to a surprise party ;)
 
I will never ever throw Buzz a surprise party. His surprised face wouldn't be happy in that situation. It would border on murderous rage. :)

I'm torn on the concept myself. On the one hand, it would be nice (I've never been thrown one). I am, however, quite introverted and don't always handle sudden changes very well, so if I'm not in the mood to be around a lot of people and am suddenly faced with a situation that requires me to be social when I'm not expecting it, it might make me cranky.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #456
oh God!
I was almost hit by a car

still shaking but everything is ok
can't explain right now

I'm glad you are OK.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #458
I'm working on the Thanksgiving Two menu. The traditional dinner will be at mom-in-law's on Thursday. That leaves Friday for just us. I'm suggesting a seafood concentration this year - shrimp & andouille jambalaya, crab cakes, and lobster pot pie. Maybe some salmon cakes for breakfast.
 
We can send Raj to hold Maria until she feels better :586:

She would really like that! Let's send EIngerson, too! And Mich.
 
I'm working on the Thanksgiving Two menu. The traditional dinner will be at mom-in-law's on Thursday. That leaves Friday for just us. I'm suggesting a seafood concentration this year - shrimp & andouille jambalaya, crab cakes, and lobster pot pie. Maybe some salmon cakes for breakfast.

Yum!

Does Thanksgiving stress anyone else out? Or is it just me?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #463
I'm working on the Thanksgiving Two menu. The traditional dinner will be at mom-in-law's on Thursday. That leaves Friday for just us. I'm suggesting a seafood concentration this year - shrimp & andouille jambalaya, crab cakes, and lobster pot pie. Maybe some salmon cakes for breakfast.

Yum!

Does Thanksgiving stress anyone else out? Or is it just me?

'tis the season for stress. I'll be somewhat stressed on Thursday, only because of a house full of people. Friday will be great (we don't go to the "Black Friday" shopping frenzy) because it will only be three or four of us. And you, if you want.
 
'tis the season for stress. I'll be somewhat stressed on Thursday, only because of a house full of people. Friday will be great (we don't go to the "Black Friday" shopping frenzy) because it will only be three or four of us. And you, if you want.

Aww :icon_hug:

I spend Thursday with Buzz's family, which is smaller than mine, but in a way it's more stressful.

My family is big and loud when we're all together, but we also tend to be more relaxed about things, so if something burns or if cooking takes longer than expected, we just shrug, pour more wine, and start teasing whoever burnt the food :) The biggest source of stress is really my mother, who generally has poor time management skills and so is always stressed and running around trying to get things done, even though she's not been responsible for the whole dinner in many years. When she's not cooking, she's instructing everyone on how they are doing something ALL WRONG!

But for the past few years, my mother has been going to Florida to visit my sister and her husband for T'giving, so there's one big source of stress gone! :) But then we fell into each spending the holiday with our respective mate's family. So that leaves me at Buzz's house, which is fine, but it gets more tense there than I'm used to with my own family.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom