What's new

The Coffee House

Cleared out and kind of warmish, full moon and people and things are accordingly wacky.

Been watching college hockey playoffs and tonight's game is endless... just finished 3rd OT, it's like watching these two teams play 2 games back to back - and they're still not done. Showing the same highlights during intermission for like the 6th time! (And, in the 4th OT the game set a new record for the longest college hockey playoff - ever.)

Edit - And they're gettin' the shovels out, that's what you want to hear at a hockey game! snow's pilin' up.

Edit Edit (or Pizza Pizza!) - game started at 7:30 pm, finally after 1:30 am, 6+ hours, just into 8th OT, we have a winner, Duluth over NoDak.
 
Last edited:
Hi, funny pictures! People funny - good night!


(And whose wife is still in short shorts?? how does the site come up with these search tags???).
 
Last edited:
Morning all well sort of clocks went forward here now the clock says nearly 9am my body say nearly 8
Somebody stole an hour in the night lol
 
Happy weekend to all! Going to rain here today. I have some “homework” to do for the Adopt a Senior campaign that we’re planning for Princess’s graduating class. Need to whip up sone communications to the kids, their parents and the community to get everyone on the same page about what the goal is and what we can/cannot do based on the current covid restrictions.

We were thrilled to hear from the principal that there will be an actual full class graduation for Princess’s year. Only 4 guests per graduate and 3 ft social distancing will be enforced but a mostly “normal” graduation ceremony yay! Her class has missed out on so much this year. All the senior year traditions have been put aside for safety protocols (rightfully but still sadly). Ideally there would have been 9-10 of us attending graduation. She’ll have to make some cuts. Welcome to adulthood.
 
Peg
Hope it goes well, nice that there will be something to mark the event
 
lazy lobster postponed their shoot; we had a thunderstorm blow through early, this morning. Pretty nice out now, though it's overcast.
 
That's such good news for her, @SquarePeg! I'm sure she'll accept the restrictions if it means they'll get an actual ceremony. Not everyone was so lucky during this pandemic. Good for her!

In other news (and I say this every spring):

They're back! My returning American Barn Swallows. We leave their twig & mud nest alone all year, and it's always a happy time to see the new arrivals swooping in, looking it over, and making repairs.

20210328_122926.webp



I know my photos always look the same, too - but this is where they hang out. The nest is on the opposite side of the entrance here.

It's getting ready to rain here, but I feel very sunny atm. I love these noisy, messy critters. :586:
 
Hi all
Took the two dogs to the beach today, first time in a long time
Molly the small one looked to make sure I could see here, thus reassured she went into the water
And in other news lol my a3 printer is getting long in the tooth so I am looking at a new a3 photo printer
The Epsom range has been suggested any one use these
 
And in other news lol my a3 printer is getting long in the tooth so I am looking at a new a3 photo printer
The Epsom range has been suggested any one use these

I used to use Epsom's but now IMHO Cannon has the best out there now.
 
Hey! I didn't get a button! :irked:
 
Hoody Hosers! While I am very grateful and happy to have received the vaccine, I’m having an annoying side effect. My tinnitus is much worse. About 10x worse. If you don’t have tinnitus consider yourself lucky and hope you never have to experience it. Usually mine is mild and I’ve learned to live with it. Since shot 2 of the vaccine it has become increasingly maddening. I’ve read that it can temporarily increase during times of stress and when taking medication such as antibiotics. I’ve seen a bunch of stories online about this happening after the vaccine. Just trying to wait it out without stabbing myself in the ear. It’s annoying enough that it has been affecting my sleep and my mood so if I’m not online as much, it’s because I need louder distractions than my iPad!
 
Ouch, Sharon. I have it, too; partly because of using power tools a while back, and partly (I think) of the earpiece I had to wear when I was a dispatcher.

Terri: MLW didn't get one, either but she went to mass site. :lol:

I picked the right time of day, I think - there were, probably 10 or 12 people in front of me. They scheduled number two while I was still there.
 
Sharon that sounds awful! Hope it clears up soon.

I got my 2nd shot yesterday. Arm is not as sore and side effects are not there like the 1st shot. The mother ship keeps buzzing me ;) I didn't get a sticker or a button.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom