What's new

The Coffee House

A lot of spam today, 8 out of the first 50

Just about average I'd say. Usually a bit quieter on a Sunday for some reason.

The spam has become more regular over the last few days...

That's just the spam that you see. The moderators also see users who have registered but were flagged by the software as possible spam, and we go in to approve or delete. I can tell you that I have personally never approved any of these users; they're basically all spambots. There used to be a handful every day or every other day. These days, I wake up and there is an average of 50 spambots trying to get in. Right now there are 35 (yes, I'm about to go delete them, but I've logged in and seen over 100.
 
Last edited:
Lime
Hiya yes I was aware that you and the others do a lot behind the scenes so to speak and a thank you to you all
I know space face catches a lot of the early morning uk time spam and the others who do the same
Sometimes when I log on I see there are a lot of guest bots .
 
Got my 2nd shot yesterday. Very efficient and 3rd in line!
So far no issues.

Unfortunately on my Dr appt the other day, I now have extremely high Blood Pressure! Never had it before...
The last 4 months has had us out of sorts with family issues. We have been eating to go dinners of Chinese food, pizza, hamburgers, pre made chickens etc...NOT our norm by any means...

Ugh... I hate medicines and have avoided them until now. :{
 
Aww sorry to hear that your BP is up stress can do that
Hope you better soon
 
Got my 2nd shot yesterday. Very efficient and 3rd in line!
So far no issues.

Unfortunately on my Dr appt the other day, I now have extremely high Blood Pressure! Never had it before...
The last 4 months has had us out of sorts with family issues. We have been eating to go dinners of Chinese food, pizza, hamburgers, pre made chickens etc...NOT our norm by any means...

Ugh... I hate medicines and have avoided them until now. :{
awww, sorry to hear about the HBP. :( Hopefully the stress of family issues combined with the to-go dinners will subside, so you can get back to a more normal routine and the BP might come down some all by itself. Did they tell you to start medication right away, then?

Great news on the vaccine, anyway - my second one is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'm very much looking forward to it! Glad you didn't have any issues. What I've been hearing is that IF a person is going to have issues, it will likely be with that second dose.

Take care, Nancy! :heartpump:
 
Thank you @terri . I fly tomorrow from Tampa, Fl , back to our RV and our regular life.
We will be heading out from Texas to the Grand Tetons @ 4/15. SOO, looking forward to our summer there!

As far as vaccine shot. I hydrated, hydrated, day before and day of the shot. I also moved my arm a lot for the day, putting over my head, swinging it whatever.
Whether it helped or not, I don't care, I felt good afterwards.
Good luck Terri and all.
 
Thanks! I didn't even think about extra arm movements ahead of time, but that's a good idea! A stab by a needle is a stab by a needle - kinda hard to get around that. :lol:

Happy hump day, hosers!

We've had a 2-day warm spell that allowed us to get tomato plants in the ground yesterday. I still have a couple patio tomatoes in big pots, too. Cherry tomatoes seem to do well, and I'm excited to get them going.

Still too early for my local nurseries to be putting out herbs, apparently. I looked over the weekend and nothing yet.
 
Got my 2nd shot yesterday. Very efficient and 3rd in line!
So far no issues.

Unfortunately on my Dr appt the other day, I now have extremely high Blood Pressure! Never had it before...
The last 4 months has had us out of sorts with family issues. We have been eating to go dinners of Chinese food, pizza, hamburgers, pre made chickens etc...NOT our norm by any means...

Ugh... I hate medicines and have avoided them until now. :{

Sorry about the BP. Maybe go on meds for awhile until you can get back to normal dinners? Got my 2nd shot too. My arm trick with any shot is to let it dangle loosely down. The first time I had my arm bent and had a sore arm. The 2nd one with the dangle method the arm was only slightly sore to the touch.
 
Five years ago, we lost Lt. John E. "Skillet" Ulmschneider when he was shot by a mentally ill man who thought "Skillet" was breaking into his home.

His locker at station 830.


At the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial, Emmitsburg, MD.
 
Five years ago, we lost Lt. John E. "Skillet" Ulmschneider when he was shot by a mentally ill man who thought "Skillet" was breaking into his home.

His locker at station 830.


At the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial, Emmitsburg, MD.
:( So sorry. I see the family in the photos, it's just heartbreaking. Respect to the fallen firefighter.
 
There was something on the uk local news about a shooting to day
Hope you are all ok
Respect for the fallen fire man,
 
Five years ago, we lost Lt. John E. "Skillet" Ulmschneider when he was shot by a mentally ill man who thought "Skillet" was breaking into his home.

His locker at station 830.


At the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial, Emmitsburg, MD.

Sorry this happened. The locker and plaque is a nice tribute.
 
Morning or afternoon all
Frustrated here at the moment photo editing software now showing its age and everything I have looked at needs windows 10
Tonight when it’s quieter and all the phone callers have happened I will dig out the original disks and reload the software
Start from scratch
I should have bought photoshop 6 when I had the chance lol
Have a good day, catch up with you all later
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom