The Coffee House

Smoke you aren't going to end up in the tabloids are you?!! lol

Hi FujiDave! gonna get rain here later in the week too, blue skies only last so long around here!

Good grief, look at the people on that old thread that aren't on here anymore! Which reminds me, I keep meaning to ask what happened with John (Tirediron)?? Can tell if I get on late night that he isn't on clearing out the keto spammers etc. (I know they get booted eventually, it was just that he was west coast and cleared 'em out).
How have you been? I believe @tirediron has been lurking around.

Oh, well if he is - hi John!

Doing OK but dealing with changes in the retirement community where my mom lives. She's been in an apt. and during the pandemic were delivering meals to rooms etc.; now going to the dining room and her back hurts and balance isn't the greatest to juggle a tray, etc. So she moved to assisted living, and getting therapy which I think will make her feel better - but they call every little step of the way. So hopefully she'll get settled in.

I'm taking another class, same instructor and this time choosing a painting to study, learn some color theory, and do goldwork/needlework to interpret it. You can put into it as much as you want; some of this I remember from taking art in school but some, not so much! I've got homework!! but no tests, no grades!

from taking art in school but some, not so much! I've got homework!! but no tests, no grades!

I've thought several times of auditing some classes at the local junior college as a refresher, but just not sure about committing the time for a whole semester.

Hi! Great to see you posting!

Upgraded TPF software is the latest news, so take a look around. It's actually pretty good! :)

Hey Hosers! I'm back from OBX and have thousands of photos to edit. Meanwhile I'm getting a new job (same company) and expect to be super crazy busy for most of the rest of this month with that and with Princess graduating/prom etc. I will definitely check in on the new stuff as often as I can. Hope everyone is well.

Something to chuckle about. Yesterday at the grocery store we turned down an aisle and encountered a crowd of people and buggies. As I stood there trying to decide if I should back up, an attactive woman directly in front of my buggy looked at me, nodded and stepped forward giving me room to slip beside her. Just as I got even with her she suddenly steps against me. When I pushed forward to get out of her way, she throws her arms around me.😲 So much for social distancing, and hello...my wife is right behind me! Fortunately before I moved again we were able to determine that a strap on her purse was firmly lodged in a loose wire on my buggy. Once she was dislodged, we were all able to share a slightly embarssed laugh, and DW decided I wasn't qualified to drive the buggy anymore.😁

Something to chuckle about. Yesterday at the grocery store we turned down an aisle and encountered a crowd of people and buggies. As I stood there trying to decide if I should back up, an attactive woman directly in front of my buggy looked at me, nodded and stepped forward giving me room to slip beside her. Just as I got even with her she suddenly steps against me. When I pushed forward to get out of her way, she throws her arms around me.😲 So much for social distancing, and hello...my wife is right behind me! Fortunately before I moved again we were able to determine that a strap on her purse was firmly lodged in a loose wire on my buggy. Once she was dislodged, we were all able to share a slightly embarssed laugh, and DW decided I wasn't qualified to drive the buggy anymore.😁
And just how long did it take you to perfect that little trick?😂

Hey O-kat! Hope all is going all right on your side of the pond.

Beautiful day in the US southeast, hosers. Getting ready for the heat wave that is expected next week - gonna be around for 4 or 5 days, eww. At least it's expected to move on quietly, and the nighttime temps will stay cool. Too early to be worrying about my tomatoes and herbs getting cooked!

@SquarePeg: congrats on the new gig!! Sounds like a hectic couple of weeks you suddenly have, but it all seems positive. I hope Princess really enjoys her prom and, more importantly, her graduation. Have fun!!

Hey Hosers! I'm back from OBX and have thousands of photos to edit. Meanwhile I'm getting a new job (same company) and expect to be super crazy busy for most of the rest of this month with that and with Princess graduating/prom etc. I will definitely check in on the new stuff as often as I can. Hope everyone is well.
Glad the trip was worthwhile. Congrat's on the new challenges.

Reminds me of watching Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" video; MLW asks "You're watching that again? She'd hurt you." Without hesitation or looking away I told her "she'd kill me, but what a way to go."

Congrats on the new job and congrats to Princess graduating. Busy time of the year for seniors!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back