What's new

The Coffee House

Hey Hosers! I'm back from OBX and have thousands of photos to edit. Meanwhile I'm getting a new job (same company) and expect to be super crazy busy for most of the rest of this month with that and with Princess graduating/prom etc. I will definitely check in on the new stuff as often as I can. Hope everyone is well.

Welcome back! Buzz and I just got back from Maine. I don't have thousands of photos to edit, but there's still more than I have had in a while. Good luck with the new job!


Hi everyone, just popped in to say hi all

Hey, how've you been doing? :icon_hug:
 
I must've missed something, trying to figure out OBX and I got nuthin'! Congrats on the new job and it sounds like a fun time of year for Princess.

I assume a 'buggy' is a grocery cart... I was starting to imagine Smoke in a traffic jam of baby strollers in the grocery store.....

It's that time of year, NHL playoffs (finally) and the Worlds (finally). (World IIHF international hockey that is.) Across the many channels of NBC, and the MLB can have my Center Ice channels now.
 
I assume a 'buggy' is a grocery cart... I was starting to imagine Smoke in a traffic jam of baby strollers in the grocery store.....

Yup it's what we call them in the south, though Wal-Mart buggies are more like torture devices for shoppers. I swear they order them from the factory with one flat wheel and one wheel wrapped with junk. That way as you push them through the store they bump, rattle and pull to one side.
 
I must've missed something, trying to figure out OBX and I got nuthin'! Congrats on the new job and it sounds like a fun time of year for Princess.

I assume a 'buggy' is a grocery cart... I was starting to imagine Smoke in a traffic jam of baby strollers in the grocery store.....

It's that time of year, NHL playoffs (finally) and the Worlds (finally). (World IIHF international hockey that is.) Across the many channels of NBC, and the MLB can have my Center Ice channels now.
OBX is the Outer Banks in North Carolina
 
Oh! well that I've heard of. And wasn't Princess just in middle school, like, last year?? or maybe yesterday, doesn't it seem like it? I didn't realize she was graduating already, good grief.
 
So what's on the menu????? Everyone got their favorite Cicada recipes ready to go. For those who indulge, here's some information on wine pairings. :chuncky:
 
Oh! well that I've heard of. And wasn't Princess just in middle school, like, last year?? or maybe yesterday, doesn't it seem like it? I didn't realize she was graduating already, good grief.
I feel the same. She was just playing with her stuffed animals and holding my hand to cross the street.
 
So what's on the menu????? Everyone got their favorite Cicada recipes ready to go. For those who indulge, here's some information on wine pairings. :chuncky:

:icon_puke_l:
 
@terri supposedly they can be used in place of shrimp in a recipe. Maybe a little stir fry with rice and Sake? Lots of Sake to get you in the mood, lots to wash it down with, and lots to finish with? :wink-6:
 
@terri supposedly they can be used in place of shrimp in a recipe. Maybe a little stir fry with rice and Sake? Lots of Sake to get you in the mood, lots to wash it down with, and lots to finish with? :wink-6:
It would take a lot more than sake to get me past that particular crunch. And it's illegal in these parts. :lol:
 
And it's illegal in these parts. :lol:

Sake or eating Cicada???? LOL I haven't decided yet, supposedly the texture is like shrimp. Tried Roasted Meal Worms with Smoky BBQ flavor once, wasn't that bad. As I remember, alcohol was involved then as well. :concern:
 
Um, cicada's are fish food, not people food.
 
Um, cicada's are fish food, not people food.
Might want to check out that video I posted. He's from the University of Maryland :chuncky:
 
Might want to check out that video I posted. He's from the University of Maryland :chuncky:
They have their fair share of nuts; one of the reasons the campus has a bunch of squirrels.
 
Only bug I’ve knowingly eaten was at the bottom of a bottle of cheap tequila. It didn’t end well.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom