The Coffee House

I knew what the GW is from watching too many perpetually running Seinfeld episodes.

Cool photo Leo. And the shadow of the gull, great timing. Or was that your trained gull? lol

Forgot Harry Lime was on, again; TCM must really like The Third Man. Just catcing the end of it, still getting to see plenty of 'Dutch' tilt. It is a cool movie visually, I hit the mute so I don't get that music stuck in my head again.

Looks nice Charlie! And I think the east coast seems like a small world.

Just watched season 2 of Lupin on Netflix. Anyone else seen it?

I wanna be there!!!!!
I want to go back. We’re home. Delaware DOT and State or Transit Police had all northbound lanes of 95/295 blocked near Wilmington; no idea why. I didn’t see any crashes north of that point.

I want to go back. We’re home. Delaware DOT and State or Transit Police had all northbound lanes of 95/295 blocked near Wilmington; no idea why. I didn’t see any crashes north of that point.
Did the incident here in Mass with the armed militia group heading for Maine to “train” make the news elsewhere?

Seems like those things make the news everywhere. Some people should go find a desert island and live there... one far away out in the middle of the ocean! jeez

There was a young goalie in the Columbus Blue Jackets organization who died after a fireworks accident. They thought at first he got injured running and falling but it was from the blast; internal injuries to heart and lungs. Had been playing in Cleveland in the minors and for Team Latvia in the Worlds, but might have been called up as an NHL backup goalie for the Jackets.

These random, tragic events such as the deaths of the young goalie and those folks in the Florida condominium that collapsed often remind me of these lines from Year’s End by Richard Wilbur:

These sudden ends of time must give us pause.
We fray into the future, rarely wrought
Save in the tapestries of afterthought.
More time, more time.

Hi all how are you all today
Well news of a better kind here.
Had the canon 5d mk4 and l series lens inspection today
It seems I am one very lucky person
The canon 5d has scrapes but is otherwise ok
The lens.... well the filter ring, all that remains of the filter, is jammed on and the lens has been sent away to have the ring removed. Apart from the scrapes and that the thread for the filters on the lens could be damaged the lens is ok no damage inside and no scrapes on the front element.
So fingers crossed it will cost me 100 ish GBP not the 6 thousand to replace the lot.
If some scrapes on the body and the lens is the cost.... well it will remind me of what could have been.

Hosers.

Here I am. With Vincent. ❤

20210707_163634.jpg

Pullman Van Gogh, was he Vincent's brother?

Yeah, that was bad... lol

Oooohhhhh! We have tix for that in September and I. Can’t. Wait.
It's a fun time. I really appreciated the basic intent, homage to this artist without them really having any access to his stuff. :lol: There's a lot of replicas, well done, and good biographical data. Anything that gets the word out is fine with me.

Every venue is going to be different and present in different ways. We were at the old Pullman Yards outside of Atlanta, and there are still a few more of these buildings getting reclaimed. It's going to be a cool place for exhibits.

I won't ruin it for you, but here's one shot I took inside. They have no problem with photography, just no flash.

This is the "Immersive Room," where you get surrounded by several different paintings and they flow over the walls and floor and spectators, with music and quotes. It was really cool.

van Gogh Immersive room.jpg

@SquarePeg: Sharon - MAKE SURE you take the 10 minutes for the Virtual Reality part, after the Immersive Room. It's a head trip!

We spent the night in Decatur and had breakfast at one of my favorite old haunts, The Flying Biscuit. Great room to chill and have a cup of coffee or two. Glad we were there in the middle of the week, it's usually packed. It's painted like this from ceiling to floor in every room.

Breakfast at The Flying Biscuit, Decatur.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back