The Coffee House

Hi all
Had a day out to do a photography day
Got home and dropped the newest camera and L glass
Gutted or what
It could not be the old camera with the old cheep kit lens could it

Morning all. Well I guess my summer hibernation is finally at hand. High heat and humidity is a major Asthma trigger for me. Friday afternoon late we had a rain shower followed by the sun popping back out. The steamy environment triggered an attack that went from bad to worse quickly. Spent 6 hrs in the ER on oxygen and IV steroids, before I could breathe normal again. Not the first time and probably won't be the last this has happened, but it doesn't get any easier. At least there's no waiting at the ER when you show up turning blue and complaining of chest pain. :chuncky:

That must be scary. Glad you’re feeling better. The steamy heat is the worst! Not for medical reasons but just for general comfort, I become a vampire during the hot weather. I only go out after 6 when the temp go above 80 unless I absolutely have to.
Hi all
Had a day out to do a photography day
Got home and dropped the newest camera and L glass
Gutted or what
It could not be the old camera with the old cheep kit lens could it
Oh no! Damage report?

Morning all. Well I guess my summer hibernation is finally at hand. High heat and humidity is a major Asthma trigger for me. Friday afternoon late we had a rain shower followed by the sun popping back out. The steamy environment triggered an attack that went from bad to worse quickly. Spent 6 hrs in the ER on oxygen and IV steroids, before I could breathe normal again. Not the first time and probably won't be the last this has happened, but it doesn't get any easier. At least there's no waiting at the ER when you show up turning blue and complaining of chest pain. :chuncky:
Ugh, so sorry to hear that, Smoke. The humidity has been ghastly in our neck of the woods this year, hasn't it? I'm always glad to have lower temperatures, but that usually means we get more rain so the humidity stays high. Other years, we are much drier and hotter - easier on the lungs but harder on the surrounding environment. We've had a rainy couple of summers - I do recall commenting to my husband last year that, despite the full-on pandemic of 2020, we had pretty amazing weather in these parts. Much more humid this year! Hope you recover quickly.

Smoke
Are you ok now, do you have oxygen at home
Peg,
I take the camera to the camera shop on Friday morning
Lens 24 70 F4 L IS USM
prob beyond repair, the uv filter shattered and the end of the lens where filter screws on is bent
The canon 5dmk4
just hope that the damage is just the marks but it had the lens attached. So had one hell of a jolt
Needs to be looked at
The battery grip gouged

Do you have AC in a room in your house to retreat into, when the weather turns bad.
I put a portable AC in the bedroom, so when it gets too warm/hot, we have some place to retreat into.
And I have air filters running, so that my allergy does not keep me from sleeping.

But yeah, it is like going into hibernation, when I have to stay in that one room.

Do you have AC in a room in your house to retreat into, when the weather turns bad.
I put a portable AC in the bedroom, so when it gets too warm/hot, we have some place to retreat into.
And I have air filters running, so that my allergy does not keep me from sleeping.

But yeah, it is like going into hibernation, when I have to stay in that one room.

Central HVAC stays constant year round. Unlike the weather outside. LOL

Closing in on CT

Attachments

• 5B85BD7A-8042-4AAB-84F9-E389C28EBDDF.jpeg
    5B85BD7A-8042-4AAB-84F9-E389C28EBDDF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 111
GW = George Washington bridge, connecting New Jersey and New York City.

Leo: J’s Oyster, on the waterfront at Portland.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back