What's new

The Coffee House

Wow, that immersive room exhibit looks cool! After everybody's been to it so it won't spoil the experience, it would be fun to see your pictures of it.
 
@terri the Vincent immersion room looks cool. There was a bar in Decatur "Esker's" that served pork tenderloin sandwiches for lunch. The thing I remember about Decatur is the stink from Staleys. Depending on how the wind blew determined the amount of stench.
 
I went to Mexico last month. It rained 5 of the 7 days and sadly my cameras spent most of the time in the safe. It was disappointing yet relaxing sitting on the beach under the palapa in the rain. We had a swim out room to a long narrow meandering pool. One morning there was a cayman in the pool. One night about 10 or 11 sitting on our patio when 4 skinny dippers appeared. I guess it was someone's birthday and there was a dare, etc. They asked for a towel and gave them one. Two more showed up and we went inside. Didn't want to appear creepy :)
 
Well Cheryl, it wasn't boring!
 
@terri the Vincent immersion room looks cool. There was a bar in Decatur "Esker's" that served pork tenderloin sandwiches for lunch. The thing I remember about Decatur is the stink from Staleys. Depending on how the wind blew determined the amount of stench.
It was really cool! :)

Are you thinking of another Decatur? I've never heard of Staleys and, when I looked for it online, it's in Decatur, IL. I'm outside of Atlanta.
Sorry about your rainy trip! At least you got a break from the routine, and I'm sure it all still looked lush and lovely.
 
It was really cool! :)

Are you thinking of another Decatur? I've never heard of Staleys and, when I looked for it online, it's in Decatur, IL. I'm outside of Atlanta.
Sorry about your rainy trip! At least you got a break from the routine, and I'm sure it all still looked lush and lovely.
Oh wrong Decatur. I was thinking you were at the Chicago exhibit and went south an hour to Decatur IL
 
With Lazy Lobster having migrated to Maine, I started setting up a new home office. MLW decided to get me a pair of table lamps. 😀

935C7F65-8CD8-4086-9857-D1DD4ADE2008.webp
 
@snowbear @limr Heading up to midcoast Maine for a few days later this month. Portland and points north. Going to check out some of the little harbor towns and fishing villages, hopefully get some time on the beach at sunrise and maybe some lighthouses. Hoping to get all the way up to Pemaquid Point Light but that will depend on the timing and weather.
 
@snowbear @limr Heading up to midcoast Maine for a few days later this month. Portland and points north. Going to check out some of the little harbor towns and fishing villages, hopefully get some time on the beach at sunrise and maybe some lighthouses. Hoping to get all the way up to Pemaquid Point Light but that will depend on the timing and weather.

1626148414175.png


(Well, except I am not jealous. People use that word wrong all the time. I'm envious. Of your going to Maine, not the sunrises. Sooo not a morning person. But it's still a funny meme and I still totally wish I were going to Maine! ;) )
 
I’m definitely stealing that meme.
 
Morning all, snow bear I like the lamps.
Well the dropped camera up date is
The 5d mk 4 has some scratches but is working ok
The l series lens. I got lucky there I had to have the remains of the filter cut off but the thread on the end of the lens for filters was not damaged. Again just some scratches.
Lesion learnt the camera WILL be secured between locations
 
Morning all, snow bear I like the lamps.
Well the dropped camera up date is
The 5d mk 4 has some scratches but is working ok
The l series lens. I got lucky there I had to have the remains of the filter cut off but the thread on the end of the lens for filters was not damaged. Again just some scratches.
Lesion learnt the camera WILL be secured between locations

great news! You dodged a bullet there.

What is up Hosers? I’m just back from Maine where we had foggy skies most of the time. I did manage to get one sunrise that was not fogged out. Spent it at Portland Head Light. Had the whole place to myself for about an hour before a photo workshop appeared. It was Mr Ben Williamson himself - I’m a huge fan of his Maine photos. Check him out on Instagram he is benjaminwilliamsonphotography. He is known around here for his ability to read the weather and has dozens of once in a lifetime shots.

Haven’t really processed many of the photos yet but here’s a shot of the pastel sunrise that I did a quick jpeg conversion and edit on my iphone.

12608927-CD7B-4CCA-A6E2-19C2FC4C8FDF.jpeg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom