The Coffee House

... And after the storm blew through here, the temp is 75. There is a gale warning, but it's 75.

Ahem, bad luck. . . .

For the last few weeks I have been trying to get some video clips done for what should have been a quick and simple exercise. Unfortunately weather has been messing up, either with rain, or wrong lighting. Today, I thought I had finally got it done, but for the first time on this project, I got a tiny water splash on my lens which ruined all the key clips. Hopefully I will get it done in the next couple of days. The weather forecast looks about right.

Attachments

• C0003-2021-09-01-EVplus2-C1.jpg
    C0003-2021-09-01-EVplus2-C1.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 23
  • C0005-2021-09-01-EVplus1-C2.jpg
    C0005-2021-09-01-EVplus1-C2.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 24
  • C0006-2021-09-01-EVplus1_3-C1-.jpg
    C0006-2021-09-01-EVplus1_3-C1-.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 26
Still raining here. Ida is supposed to blow through tonight and tomorrow will be cooler with lower humidity. I was very happy to be able to work from home today.

We got a good bit of rain but then - a cool front blew thru today! And I think the calendar should show this month as 'Now No Longer August'!! I've had respiratory crap that's triggered asthma crap and I'm finally doing now no longer so crappy and glad crappy August is done!!

Gee I finally got a spammy message! I was feeling left out (not!). But more seriously how are they sending messages so easily?? it's a ridiculous waste of time for the mods to have to keep dealing with this nonsense and getting not so funny as it keeps happening.

Hi Hosers! I haven’t been online much recently during my free time. I have new responsibilities at work and it has been very busy and a bit stressful. Off hours I’ve been working on house projects.

Princess has been deposited at college and is settling in very nicely. She’s loving the campus and enjoying the freedom of college life. Classes are “good” and food is “good” and roommates are “good”. All good lol.

Happy to be heading into a long weekend. I haven’t been shooting much the past month due to the oppressive heat and all the rain. Going to try to change that this weekend. There are fireworks tonight at Boston Harbor. I’m meeting a friend and planning to get there early and have some dinner al fresco and hope for a nice sunset before shooting the show. Schooner fest in Gloucester this weekend so will try to get there as well.

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

That sounds fun, Sharon! Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Nothing too exciting on my end this weekend. Our lovely, low-humidity weather continues, so likely we'll be out on the porch this evening to enjoy it. :)

Supposed to be pretty nice but already started clouding up and and not sure when we may get a little rain. Memorial Day usually no fireworks or anything anyway, and with statewide mask mandates, some schools closed already, etc. not sure what's going on. Finally not feeling so cruddy so not planning a big weekend.

Fireworks sound like a fun photo op Sharon, and can't help but wonder if Princess is going to a college with hockey! lol with Beanpot choices in your area.

Hi Hosers! I haven’t been online much recently during my free time. I have new responsibilities at work and it has been very busy and a bit stressful. Off hours I’ve been working on house projects.

Princess has been deposited at college and is settling in very nicely. She’s loving the campus and enjoying the freedom of college life. Classes are “good” and food is “good” and roommates are “good”. All good lol.

Happy to be heading into a long weekend. I haven’t been shooting much the past month due to the oppressive heat and all the rain. Going to try to change that this weekend. There are fireworks tonight at Boston Harbor. I’m meeting a friend and planning to get there early and have some dinner al fresco and hope for a nice sunset before shooting the show. Schooner fest in Gloucester this weekend so will try to get there as well.

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?
No real plans other than a trip to the Eastern Shore on Sunday. No, not the beach, but a farm stand or two; hunting some decent DelMarVa tomatoes, corn and 'lopes or melons if we can find them. I'll take the camera for whatever catches my eye. We've got some Granny Smiths so tomorrow is apple pie day. Monday we'll just stay at home and relax. MLW goes back to work on Wednesday (Tuesday is her scheduled telecommute day).

Supposed to be pretty nice but already started clouding up and and not sure when we may get a little rain. Memorial Day usually no fireworks or anything anyway, and with statewide mask mandates, some schools closed already, etc. not sure what's going on. Finally not feeling so cruddy so not planning a big weekend.

Fireworks sound like a fun photo op Sharon, and can't help but wonder if Princess is going to a college with hockey! lol with Beanpot choices in your area.
She’s at Merrimack College which is a very small school but has a D1 hockey team. Can’t say I know much about college hockey but I know they play BU, BC, Northeastern and UMass a bunch of times because we were looking at the schedule with my brother and nephew trying to pick out a game to go to next month…. Her school recently became D1 for all sports but I think hockey has been D1 for a bit longer.
No real plans other than a trip to the Eastern Shore on Sunday. No, not the beach, but a farm stand or two; hunting some decent DelMarVa tomatoes, corn and 'lopes or melons if we can find them. I'll take the camera for whatever catches my eye. We've got some Granny Smiths so tomorrow is apple pie day. Monday we'll just stay at home and relax. MLW goes back to work on Wednesday (Tuesday is her scheduled telecommute day).
Sounds like a very relaxing and fun weekend!

So, Lazy lobster got a job at the Home Depot, fulfilling online orders and helping out on the floor when they're not busy. What do they do with their first paycheck? Send mom some flowers!

Still Life 09012021.jpg by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Well, I can't that thirty minutes of my life back. At least it's all cleaned up now.

I stepped on a soft Sennelier oil pastel that had fallen off the drafting table.

OP mess.jpg

I only realized it later when I came back into the room and saw this:

OP mess 1.jpg

It was only on the one shoe, so I was spared the cleanup of full tracks. But it went out into the hallway onto the hardwood floors. More cleaning. :icon_mad:

The good news is that it actually did clean up completely, and it happened on a carpet we're planning to rip up next spring, anyway. (Part of the reason I do this stuff in there!) Still...kinda took the fun out of that painting. And Senns are currently retailing for close to 4USD a stick! Not the kind of thing you like to see clinging to the bottom of your shoe. :irked:

At least it's still gorgeous outside, which is where I'm headed now. Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday!

Hey hosers.

Been spending the weekend so far starting to pack my mother's house. Closing is in a few weeks. There's 45 years of stuff that we are trying to sort through and pack, donate, or toss. Good thing I am not an only child! But I am taking tomorrow to relax and recover because I am still in my super busy period at work and I cannot start this coming week pre-exhausted.

Well, I can't that thirty minutes of my life back. At least it's all cleaned up now.

I stepped on a soft Sennelier oil pastel that had fallen off the drafting table.

View attachment 247903

I only realized it later when I came back into the room and saw this:

View attachment 247904

It was only on the one shoe, so I was spared the cleanup of full tracks. But it went out into the hallway onto the hardwood floors. More cleaning. :icon_mad:

The good news is that it actually did clean up completely, and it happened on a carpet we're planning to rip up next spring, anyway. (Part of the reason I do this stuff in there!) Still...kinda took the fun out of that painting. And Senns are currently retailing for close to 4USD a stick! Not the kind of thing you like to see clinging to the bottom of your shoe. :irked:

At least it's still gorgeous outside, which is where I'm headed now. Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday!
Oh boy! I did that with some paint last year when I stepped on the drop cloth and didn't realize I was tracking it all over - but it came off of the hardwood floor pretty easily with some elbow grease. Glad it wasn't something permanent!

Hey hosers.

Been spending the weekend so far starting to pack my mother's house. Closing is in a few weeks. There's 45 years of stuff that we are trying to sort through and pack, donate, or toss. Good thing I am not an only child! But I am taking tomorrow to relax and recover because I am still in my super busy period at work and I cannot start this coming week pre-exhausted.
Rest up!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back