Well, I can't that thirty minutes of my life back. At least it's all cleaned up now.
I stepped on a soft Sennelier oil pastel that had fallen off the drafting table.
View attachment 247903
I only realized it later when I came back into the room and saw this:
View attachment 247904
It was only on the one shoe, so I was spared the cleanup of full tracks. But it went out into the hallway onto the hardwood floors. More cleaning.
The good news is that it actually did clean up completely, and it happened on a carpet we're planning to rip up next spring, anyway. (Part of the reason I do this stuff in there!) Still...kinda took the fun out of that painting. And Senns are currently retailing for close to 4USD a stick! Not the kind of thing you like to see clinging to the bottom of your shoe.
At least it's still gorgeous outside, which is where I'm headed now. Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday!