What's new

The Coffee House

😢
 
62 degrees F today, and calling for one to seven inches of snow tomorrow (starting after midnight).
 
Ok, I've been gone @ 7 months, what did I miss??
:)
Spent summer in Grand Tetons again and had a Blast.
More soon but wanted to check in and say hi.
Nancy! Glad you are doing well. Happy New Year!!! I'm hoping to reschedule my GTNP trip for this coming fall. Will you be going back?
Hope everyone got something special this year from Santa ;) photo related.

On another note, I read the post by Zombiesniper about the changes are coming. At first I thought is this for all posts? Then I realized it was for the C&C gallery. May want to preface that to not scare away all the newbies that got cameras this year. I do agree with asking for specific critique in the C&C section.
I got a gorilla pod w arca swiss ball head from Princess. Exactly what I needed!
Nooooooo! :(

B27C192E-4325-411C-B258-ADD4D17084BC.webp
 
I went out and measured between noon and 1:00 and we were at 9-3/4 inches of snow on the sidewalk. it stopped about 2:00.
 
Ahem...

May I remind you all that Soylent Green was set in the year 2022.

Be careful what you eat this year, hosers.
 
May I remind you all that Soylent Green was set in the year 2022.
I forgot about that! It was based on the book Make Room! Make Room! and it's easy to forget those things. :)
 
I do not really follow stocks, so I am not going to make a topic for this. It was just a Canuck coincidence. Back around September, Canon Inc (yes, the Japanese camera company) bought up a Canadian Xray company "Redlen" because it had developed a new CT scan technology. That surprised me because the most common buy-out of a company is usually between Canada and the US. But yeah, the X-Ray field is fairly specialized, so Canon clearly looks globally for acquisitions. Anyway, I thought I would read up on it today, and I searched Canon's website, and I found that In Dec (2021) they had also made an investment in an Ontario IT company "Supra ITS". It's all very normal "big business invests in smaller company" stuff. But it seems we are doing some stuff right in Canuckland. Good.
 
I have to measure the window; I'm interested in the 12x12 version. Now where is MLW with the truck?
 
MLW are trying to get to Portland, ME next month ... lazy_lobster has another photo in the gallery at MECA, plus the four at a gallery in NJ that we haven't been able to see. Interestingly, the banner for the Institute of Contemporary Art is one of LL's from a series on decay.
 
MLW are trying to get to Portland, ME next month ... lazy_lobster has another photo in the gallery at MECA, plus the four at a gallery in NJ that we haven't been able to see. Interestingly, the banner for the Institute of Contemporary Art is one of LL's from a series on decay.

Nice!
 
Newly obsessed with Wordle. Got today’s word in 2 tries. Anyone else playing? I’m new to it so not sure if today was an easy one or typical. Also check out the alternative game of Absurdle for more word play!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom