The Coffee House

Did you get that much? My mom lives there (SE Michigan) and she said the forecast reduced the amount and it ended up less than was feared.
I only saw about 6" of snow, so much for modern weather forecasting.

I took a day off today and went to the immersive Van Gogh exhibition and lunch with my bff. It was amazingly beautiful. Very well done. I would LOVE to see this type of immersive exhibit of Monet’s works. @terri was it you who went or was it @CherylL ?

A few favorites
View attachment 253324

View attachment 253326
View attachment 253325

And of course
View attachment 253327
We went to the one in Atlanta last summer. It was beautiful to look at, very enjoyable. Definitely geared towards the general public and not a museum experience, but still a serene and wonderful experience.

I've heard that there is a Picasso Immersive but not read much about it.

I would LOVE to see this type of immersive exhibit of Monet’s works.

Me too! For Monet, as well as others - it's really a fun and casual way to spend time looking at artists' works, reading info and becoming acquainted. Lots of people don't want to go to a museum so this is a more casual way to get some art history. It's all good. :icon_sunny:

We went to the one in Atlanta last summer. It was beautiful to look at, very enjoyable. Definitely geared towards the general public and not a museum experience, but still a serene and wonderful experience.

I've heard that there is a Picasso Immersive but not read much about it.

Me too! For Monet, as well as others - it's really a fun and casual way to spend time looking at artists' works, reading info and becoming acquainted. Lots of people don't want to go to a museum so this is a more casual way to get some art history. It's all good. :icon_sunny:
Currently being stalked by social media ads for the Immersive Frida Kahlo experience…

Frida is amazing!! That would really be a good one.

No one is stalking me about it, so after we get settled I'll look for a schedule. Yay!

I took a day off today and went to the immersive Van Gogh exhibition and lunch with my bff. It was amazingly beautiful. Very well done. I would LOVE to see this type of immersive exhibit of Monet’s works. @terri was it you who went or was it @CherylL ?

A few favorites
View attachment 253324

View attachment 253326
View attachment 253325

And of course
View attachment 253327
Great shots Sharon! I would have loved to see the exhibit. It was in St Louis recently

Great shots Sharon! I would have loved to see the exhibit. It was in St Louis recently
Thanks. There were two in Boston. Immersive Van Gogh or Experience Van Gogh. Both got good reviews. We went with the one that was at a more convenient location and had tickets available for when we wanted them.

We're in the process of moving. Been busy today as we're getting closer to the day.

Bex wants to make sure that no one forgets the cat!

20220207_164521.jpg

And Bex can apparently go in the Bedroom, Family Room. Dining Room, or Kitchen...

Everyone 'round here has gone Super Bowl crazy (or as a fellow hockey fan calls it, Superb Owl). One channel has extended local late news a half hour for stories about Bengals Bagels, Hoo Dey Lattes... I might actually watch some pro football this weekend!

Everyone 'round here has gone Super Bowl crazy (or as a fellow hockey fan calls it, Superb Owl). One channel has extended local late news a half hour for stories about Bengals Bagels, Hoo Dey Lattes... I might actually watch some pro football this weekend!
Oh - they still have a Super Bowl now that Tom Terrific has retired?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I have no skin in this year’s game having barely watched a few quarters here and there. So if you’re rooting for Cinci then I’ll jump on board the band wagon.

Another thing is which is better, Skyline or Gold Star? lol Either seems to be questionable to people who don't live in this area, but I see no problem with putting shredded cheese on chili spaghetti... nor do I see anything wrong with squirting hot sauce in oyster crackers although it's not my thing.

Just realized I need to see when the game is on, and if it interferes with Olympic hockey I'll just have to flip back and forth.

I haven't enjoyed football since the Colts left Charm City.
:laugh2:

Another thing is which is better, Skyline or Gold Star? lol Either seems to be questionable to people who don't live in this area, but I see no problem with putting shredded cheese on chili spaghetti... nor do I see anything wrong with squirting hot sauce in oyster crackers although it's not my thing.

Just realized I need to see when the game is on, and if it interferes with Olympic hockey I'll just have to flip back and forth.

I understand all of the words but have no idea what you said. 🤣

What are Skyline and Gold Star? What is chili spaghetti? Wouldn't hot sauce go ON oyster crackers? Do people just eat bowls of oyster crackers like they're potato chips instead of just a few in a bowl of soup? Or are oyster crackers something different than what I know oyster crackers to be?

I would have been OK with either team winning, but glad to see USA over Canada in Hockey.

USA Hockey was looking pretty fast, hope they can continue the momentum.

Today we won in Men's Curling; glad to see lots more curling coming up.

My best friend and I talked about dinner, but it is cold!! and snowy, and neither of us felt motivated. So when in this sport involving pointy balls do they actually play?? I know Super Bowl commercials are a big deal but they don't play more than like 12 seconds and go back to a commercial! lol (I do in the fall watch college football if local/regional games are on but they aren't much anymore.)

Well I watched pregame starting at 6, saw them go out on the field, the flyover, etc. Not sure how much of the game I'll watch since it dawned on me maybe some Canadian teams would be playing hockey on Center Ice. Yep, the Habs, but a replay of an earlier game, with no fans in the stands (first western Canada now Quebec went under stricter Covid protocols).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back