Good evening, hosers.
Had a little excitement of the wrong kind on Friday night. When we left to go to Sherry's to paint the steps (going up for sale in the next few days), we noticed the passenger-side mirror was rotated forward. MLW just thought someone was messing with me. We didn't give it another thought.
Monday, Chelsea came over to tell me that she hear some fool outside yelling and banging Friday night. She looked out the window and saw a male at the front of the jeep, banging his fist on the front. He then went between her car and the JEEP, looking in them. He then walked off. She called the Sheriff's Office, but didn't see any come by.
I looked the front of the jeep over, and didn't see any damage. Again, no further thoughts on it. That night, I noticed the headlights were out of alignment. I checked them further and saw a gap, wider than normal, between the passenger-side headlight and the back of the grille. After talking to the insurance company and a shop, I pulled the grille and found the bottom bracket of the headlamp assembly is cracked. Since getting Jeep parts are almost impossible at the moment, I'll ask the shop if they can just super-glue the pieces back together, and maybe add some thin plastic to both sides to strengthen it until the part come in.
I also bought the Jeep a present. They don't come with hood locks. I'm not sure if it's because they are convertibles with doors that can (and are) removed, but I bought a hood lock. Something to do this weekend. The lock is already programmed to my key, so I just need to pop off the grille again, rivet the lock in place, then replace the grille. I had to cut away a small part of the grille for access (the included insert is for the Wrangler which has a different "mesh" in the grille slots) which I did while it was off from checking the light.
The good side
The broken side
The lock. The piece with the little hexagons is the insert. The gladdy's hexagons are much larger.
