The Coffee House

Leo - two different stores/brands, one local (it's Skyline time - there's a song) Gold Star's a chain store. After 20 years of working in the city I got addicted to it... instead of the usual tomato/pasta sauce, it involves chili over spaghetti noodles, with onion if you want to make it a 4 way (my favorite way), then shredded cheddar cheese on top (add beans for a 5 way). Or you can get it on a hot dog.

What some people do (and maybe this started while waiting for their meals??) is to find oyster crackers that have holes in them and squirt a dab of hot sauce in the cracker.

Who Dey!

P.S. Well, looked like there was a chance... people here might be cryin' in their chili spaghetti, or wings/pizza or whatever. Just heard a couple'a three cars go by, somebody nearby must have had a party and it's over. (Now more cars, their party is definitely over.)

Last edited:
Tonight been watching - The Beanpot.

The four universities in Boston play in the tournament the first two Mondays in February. Odd thing is no announcers on NESN... more like being at a game, just crowd noise, the pep band, etc. I thought last week there was a problem with the sound but same thing tonight; announcers on the NHL Network broadcast.

I've seen both teams in person, some years ago. Go Huskies!

Score was 0-0 til BU got a goal with less than 3 minutes left in the game... Dog Pound over DogHouse with 20 sec. left.

And Boston U. wins the Beanpot.

And as NESN continues on with postgame, players skating the Beanpot around the ice with pep band music and crowd noise in and out but no audio for interviews, etc., I still like this -

Who Dey!

P.S. Well, looked like there was a chance... people here might be cryin' in their chili spaghetti, or wings/pizza or whatever. Just heard a couple'a three cars go by, somebody nearby must have had a party and it's over. (Now more cars, their party is definitely over.)
Well, as far as Superbowl games go, this one was good because it wasn't a blowout! These teams were evenly matched. I confess to having a preference to the Rams, because I like Matthew Stafford (former Detroit Lion QB, which is where I live now). It was fun watching them fight it out and prevail. 🏈

Local news seemed optimistic about the future for the Bengals (for a change!).

And because it's the 2nd Monday in February -

And as NESN continues on with postgame, players skating the Beanpot around the ice with pep band music and crowd noise in and out but no audio for interviews, etc., I still like this -

They may have lost the rights to call the game if it’s showing on another network nationally. I’m assuming they still aired it so that local students not at the game could watch. Everyone around here has NESN.

Did you get that much? My mom lives there (SE Michigan) and she said the forecast reduced the amount and it ended up less than was feared.

Well, as far as Superbowl games go, this one was good because it wasn't a blowout! These teams were evenly matched. I confess to having a preference to the Rams, because I like Matthew Stafford (former Detroit Lion QB, which is where I live now). It was fun watching them fight it out and prevail. 🏈
Both you and your mom live in SE MI then?

We do! Temporary situation for us - she's going to move to assisted living and needs help. :)

Good luck, getting someone into the right assisted living home is easier said than done...I have heard.

@vintagesnaps I had insomnia last night and ended up watching the Olympic hockey USA overtime loss. They had so many chances! I felt really bad for them. Especially with that winning goal being scored by a former Boston Bruin. After that it was endless episodes of Golden Girls…

Good evening, hosers.

Had a little excitement of the wrong kind on Friday night. When we left to go to Sherry's to paint the steps (going up for sale in the next few days), we noticed the passenger-side mirror was rotated forward. MLW just thought someone was messing with me. We didn't give it another thought.

Monday, Chelsea came over to tell me that she hear some fool outside yelling and banging Friday night. She looked out the window and saw a male at the front of the jeep, banging his fist on the front. He then went between her car and the JEEP, looking in them. He then walked off. She called the Sheriff's Office, but didn't see any come by.

I looked the front of the jeep over, and didn't see any damage. Again, no further thoughts on it. That night, I noticed the headlights were out of alignment. I checked them further and saw a gap, wider than normal, between the passenger-side headlight and the back of the grille. After talking to the insurance company and a shop, I pulled the grille and found the bottom bracket of the headlamp assembly is cracked. Since getting Jeep parts are almost impossible at the moment, I'll ask the shop if they can just super-glue the pieces back together, and maybe add some thin plastic to both sides to strengthen it until the part come in.

I also bought the Jeep a present. They don't come with hood locks. I'm not sure if it's because they are convertibles with doors that can (and are) removed, but I bought a hood lock. Something to do this weekend. The lock is already programmed to my key, so I just need to pop off the grille again, rivet the lock in place, then replace the grille. I had to cut away a small part of the grille for access (the included insert is for the Wrangler which has a different "mesh" in the grille slots) which I did while it was off from checking the light.

The good side

Claim20-30N6-08T_Photo1.jpg

The broken side

Claim20-30N6-08T_Photo3.jpg

The lock. The piece with the little hexagons is the insert. The gladdy's hexagons are much larger.

IMG_0227.jpg

found the bottom bracket of the headlamp assembly is cracked. Since getting Jeep parts are almost impossible at the moment, I'll ask the shop if they can just super-glue the pieces back together, and maybe add some thin plastic to both sides to strengthen it until the part come in.
Depending on the type of plastic you might be able to weld it back together. It most likely won't look pretty, but it could hold until it's replaced.

It's still a fairly new truck so having the part replaced is better in the long run. It will cost me $100 at the most. If I can get the piece in thr back upo to where it belongs (near the bolt, not where the "crack" is) the light should be fairly close to where it should be. A piece of chewing gum to hold it in place and I'll be good (it's a Jeep thing) :laugh2:

Most reactions

Back